HPFP Warranty is 5 Years / 60k Miles

Plus 3 Golfer

Veteran Member
TDI
Und tschüss! 2009 Jetta 12/23/2012
I hope this clears up the misinformation as to whether the HPFP is covered under the Powertrain Warranty (5/60) or the fuel system warranty (3/36). This is the response I got from Customer Care on warranty coverage of the fuel system components.

Thank you for your e-mail regarding your Jetta TDI and warranty coverage provided with your purchase. We appreciate you being part of the Volkswagen family! I understand you’d like to know the coverage for the high-pressure diesel pump, tank fuel pump, intermediate pump, and fuel injectors in your car, and I appreciate the chance to provide you with more information.

The high-pressure fuel (diesel) pump is specifically designed for use with our TDI vehicles, and is included within the coverage of the Limited Powertrain Warranty, which covers manufacturing shortcomings in your engine, transmission and drivetrain components for 5 years or 60,000 miles, whichever comes first.

With this in mind, the other fuel pumps and the fuel injectors themselves are covered specifically as fuel system components, which receive coverage for manufacturing shortcomings under the New Vehicle Limited Warranty for a period of 3 years or 36,000 miles, whichever comes first.
So, if the HPFP grenades all direct damages caused by the HPFP (including metal contamination of the entire fuel system) should also be covered for 5/60 within the limitation of the Powertrain warranty.

Last edited:

LITTLE-LARRY

TDI
2010 JSW
I hope this clears up the misinformation as to whether the HPFP is covered under the Powertrain Warranty (5/60) or the fuel system warranty (3/36). This is the response I got from Customer Care on warranty coverage of the fuel system components.

So, if the HPFP grenades all direct damages caused by the HPFP (including metal contamination of the entire fuel system) should also be covered for 5/60 within the limitation of the Powertrain warranty.
Thats great info. Is there anyway you could scan a copy on VW's letter head so we'll all have a copy if needed? I'm sure dealerships will get confussed on the lenght of coverage. Good work Plus3.

LARRY

Plus 3 Golfer

Veteran Member
TDI
Und tschüss! 2009 Jetta 12/23/2012
Thats great info. Is there anyway you could scan a copy on VW's letter head so we'll all have a copy if needed? I'm sure dealerships will get confussed on the lenght of coverage. Good work Plus3.

LARRY
It's an e-mail from Customer Care not a letter (just as good as a letter though). Your VW dealer can look up the warranty coverage.

I stated this in another thread when someone said the HPFP warranty was 3/36: when I asked my service advisor what the warranty is for the HPFP, he said 5/60 without hesitation. I asked him if he was sure. He typed something in his computer and a few seconds later said yep, it's 5/60 but the other pumps are 3/36. If your dealer gets confused or can't find out what the coverage is for the HPFP, find another dealer.:D

GTIDan

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Candy White Jetta, DSG
They (dealer) know how to get out of things don't they.
Contrary to popular belief herein not all dealers are crooks. My dealer; Garden Grove VW, Garden Grove, CA has replaced three HPFP to date (all 2009 models) under the factory warranty even though; from what I was told two were caused by gasoline.......the other undetermined.

I think that speaks well for them..........they could have tried to weasel out of it if they wanted I suppose..

:)