HPFP fuel system possible contamination.

Dawoo73180

TDI
12 Jetta
Prior to performing my 60k service I stumbled onto 2microntech, contain flow and pure flow. These seem like good products, so I ordered them to add during this service. Now I am not sure if I have waited to long or not. When I change the normal fuel filter, I am always looking for glitter. This time there were about 3 to 5 small shiny pieces on top of the filter. The fuel really magnified them. So I remove the filter and drained the remaining fuel into a pint mason jar. Then I dropped in a 1/2in by 1/8in neodymium magnet shook it all up and waited. The following pictures may be disturbing to some viewers. Please comment on what you think is the condition of the fuel system. I am not sure what path to take next. Thanks David. :confused:

Last edited:

ZippyNH

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 JETTA TDI SE
It is always easy to fear the worst....
But maybe one of the fuel stations you went too had a bit of gunk? Let's face it...even though fuel stops have filters, their pumps and filters are not perfect...
Since you are under WARRENTY, I might be inclined to monitor it for a few more miles...and check again... At this point I wonder if a dealer would do anything the volume seems so small...

sandmansans

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Jetta
It's really hard to say. I had similar concerns with my 40k service and from the feedback I received, some particles are the norm. This is from the fueling station tanks etc...

I would go ahead with the microntech filter kit. It is absolutely worth it's weight in gold in terms of the insurance/peace of mind it provides. I myself haven't done it yet, as I have experienced a myriad of unexpected financial and personal dilemmas, but there are many satisfied and happy customers on this forum that have gone that route. I know that as soon as I am able to, I will go ahead with this kit.

Reach out to Andrew, he's really a great guy. Despite not purchasing the system, he's spoken with me extensively and answered all of my questions without leaving any doubt.
Send him a message: 2micron

Prior to performing my 60k service I stumbled onto 2microntech, contain flow and pure flow. These seem like good products, so I ordered them to add during this service. Now I am not sure if I have waited to long or not. When I change the normal fuel filter, I am always looking for glitter. This time there were about 3 to 5 small shiny pieces on top of the filter. The fuel really magnified them. So I remove the filter and drained the remaining fuel into a pint mason jar. Then I dropped in a 1/2in by 1/8in neodymium magnet shook it all up and waited. The following pictures may be disturbing to some viewers. Please comment on what you think is the condition of the fuel system. I am not sure what path to take next. Thanks David. :confused:

ss~zoso~ss

Veteran Member
TDI
2010-Jetta-TDI-DSG-Salsa Red
that looks ok to me, i think the HPFP produces more silver metallic bits, this may be from bad fuel

bvencil

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 JSW TDI (6MT)
Just a note that 2Micron is recommending that those of us who received the HPFP extended warranty notice wait until after the warranty period has expired before installing PureFlow and ContainFlow to ensure coverage from VOA.