HP gain interval by chipping...

Andrei Rinea

Veteran Member
TDI
VW Tiguan 4Motion 2.0 TDI 170HP (engine CBBB)
Hello everyone and let me tell you I am a happier TDIer since 115 minutes ago
))
I got chipped. Custom chip, the program is Race2000 (an italian tuning software etc.etc.) but the problem is that I didn't have the money for the dyno (although they had it in the same building) this day so I couldn't check out the results. I couldn't check it on the road because the day began in a nice sunny fashion and went to a snow blizzard as I waited for my turn in chiptuning.
My question would be:

I got an 11 years old 1Z engine on a Passat Variant with good MAF (Pierburg BTW) with cleaned intake and turbo downpipe and Kerma Sprint 520; What would be the minimal / maximal gains from this chipping.. btw I told the man to max out the chip. To squeeze any horsie that he can. He said it would gain like 20-25 HP but I was expecting more. What do you think about this? THe road is covered in snow and underneath there is ice so I really can't tell by road test and I'll wait for the next sallary to get it to the dyno...

If the moderators find this redundant / obnoxcius / etc PLEASE delete the post. Otherwise
not.

Thank you in advance,
Andrei Rinea, Europe.

Ynot

Veteran Member
TDI
Golf, 2K GLS, Black
Sounds about right, 120 to 130 is about the average gain with those nozzles and what would be considered a chip programmed for the bigger holes. Just wait until you can drive that thing

Ynot

Andrei Rinea

Veteran Member
TDI
VW Tiguan 4Motion 2.0 TDI 170HP (engine CBBB)
I appologies again if my thread looks redundant (is simillar to others existing before I posted) but in each and every simillar thread people said gains very different one from another so I couldn't get a precise image. So I asked for an interval (a minimum and a maximum).

The snow melted and there are dried portions of road so I floored it. I am satisfied
But I couldn't go above 110kmph (68mph) because of the conditions (it's still a city for heaven's sake..)

My initial question could be rephrased into: In the above setup could I get below 120 HP? Could I reach 135?

Ynot

Veteran Member
TDI
Golf, 2K GLS, Black
With my set up I have only taken it to about 115 mph. I see Kermas sig with his speedo and tach off scale almost, but his TDI is not average. Max speed is not my thing, but quick burst and surprising starts are

Ynot