HowTo: OEM Bi-Xenon/OEM Fog Lights/CECM Upgrade/LED Euro Tails in a 2010 Jetta Sedan

Mortygttdi

TDI
Mkv golf gt tdi bkd 140
Has any one got a vcds scan of a 2010 Jetta? Im wanting to retro fit the cecm from the mk6 so i can put the scirocco color mfd in, i have a UK golf GT tdi with the bi-xenons i also fitted the auto level and headlight washers these are needed for our MOT pass.

Thanks

Darren

amd is the best

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 VW Jetta Sedan DSG
Important update has been made to the original document regarding correct repair wires. I had so many part numbers flying around it was hard to keep them all straight.

Greengineer

TDI
'09 Jetta TDI 6-spd manual
Reverse lamps

I got the LED tails from ECStuning. They are the dark cherry hella ones that in "euro" mode the directionals blink amber and the brakes/tails are red.

Do you find that the reverse lamps sufficiently illuminate the area behind your car when backing up? The stock NA reverse lamps suck and during the rain I can hardly tell they're on. I was thinking of replacing just the reverse lamps with the super-bright LED tower-style lamps, but if the euro tails solve that then I'd rather get euro tails.

Thanks

amd is the best

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 VW Jetta Sedan DSG
Do you find that the reverse lamps sufficiently illuminate the area behind your car when backing up? The stock NA reverse lamps suck and during the rain I can hardly tell they're on. I was thinking of replacing just the reverse lamps with the super-bright LED tower-style lamps, but if the euro tails solve that then I'd rather get euro tails.

Thanks
The reverse light (only one with Euro tails) is still fairly weak even with an LED tower type bulb. Though my windows were all tinted so they were probably worse yet for me.

Chris Tobin

Veteran Member
TDI
'06 Jetta TDI
Sorry it has been so long, but the lights are installed AND properly working on my car with the standard CECM now!!!

I used a relay to trigger 12V to the high beam lead and it works fine!!! The only problem I had was light flicker/strobing at times and I installed a pair of the flicker/warning canceler boxes http://allhids.com/Flickering-Warning-Light-Canceler-cancl-hid.htm from www.allhids.com and they work just fine with no warning lights on the dash and no flicker/strobing from the HIDs.

This works GREAT!!! The lights are very bright and once I properly adjusted them do not seem to bother oncoming drivers. The high-beam is AMAZING and great for our rural roads here in Tennessee where streetlights are few and far between!!! I love the way they work and using the relays and the warning canceler was much cheaper than purchasing a highline CECM and hoping that it worked...