How to remove panel above rear window.

JBizz

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 vw golf tdi
How can i open that area up? I need to check where my leak is coming from. Whenever i run the rear washer for 5 sec i get alot of water dripping down in my cab.

740GLE

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Passat SEL, 2017 Alltrack SE; BB 2010 Sedan Man; 2012 Passat,
This in the hatch or the headliner?

JBizz

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 vw golf tdi
IIRC there's a recall for this problem...
When phase2 was worked on i remember reading of any recall or fix will be done at this time.. I should really read that work order i got to double check. Im not talking about the after dribbles from the sprayer.

This in the hatch or the headliner?
Hatch? Its inside my cab on the light graypart. I know it comes off cuz when i had the rear washer breaklight replaced they didn't push it in all the way. So yeah i think i have an old post photo of it. Water comes down right in the middle of my hatch(trunk*?)

740GLE

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Passat SEL, 2017 Alltrack SE; BB 2010 Sedan Man; 2012 Passat,
Well the rear window is attached to the hatch (IE 5th door), not on the headliner, that's why I was asking.

I had the dealer replace this part on our Alltrack as one corner was curling, I didn't see how they did it but I'm guessing its just clips holding in, there was no damage to the surrounding parts when they made the repair.

marcusku

Veteran Member
TDI
Golf Sportwagen, 15', red
If you’re talking about the narrow panel right in front of the hatchback, that plastic piece just pops off. There are some spring clips that hold it on. Also assuming it’s similar to the SW.

marcusku

Veteran Member
TDI
Golf Sportwagen, 15', red
I’m in a different town than my car right now but I could take a pic tomorrow. I used a pry bar, basically something thin and wide.