How to get the whooshing sound wen u shift?

VeeDubTDI

Wanderluster, Traveler, TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
‘18 Tesla Model 3D+, ‘14 Cadillac ELR, ‘13 Fiat 500e
Did you delete the cat, too? It should make the noise when you let off or shift between 2000 and 2500 RPMs under high load.

compu_85

Gadget Guy
TDI
... None :S
The VNT15 makes a nice PHEWWwwww sound when you really open up the exhaust.

Incidentally so does the turbo (KP37?) on the ECODiesel :)

-J

belome

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2002 Jetta GLS TDI 5-speed
The sad part is, the older these cars get... the more likely they will fall into the hands of the younger generation that gives a dang about this sort of crap.

The same thing happened on my Supercharged Regal forum. You'd be shocked at some of the things those punks wanted to do to such an incredible car.

PS - Dirtbikes are 10x cooler than quads.

turbocharged798

Veteran Member
TDI
99.5 black ALH Jetta;09 Gasser Jetta
The VNT15 makes a nice PHEWWwwww sound when you really open up the exhaust.

Incidentally so does the turbo (KP37?) on the ECODiesel :)

-J
I unbolted my straight though downpipe from the stock rear section and mine still didn't make the sound. Not sure why.

turbocharged798

Veteran Member
TDI
99.5 black ALH Jetta;09 Gasser Jetta
The sad part is, the older these cars get... the more likely they will fall into the hands of the younger generation that gives a dang about this sort of crap.

The same thing happened on my Supercharged Regal forum. You'd be shocked at some of the things those punks wanted to do to such an incredible car.

Uhm, like vortex? Complete punk teenage car visual hacks there but God forbid you mention anything functional or performance orated and you get flamed.

KLXD

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'98, '2 Jettas
How could a dirt bike be cooler than doing doughnuts in the parking lot at the trailhead in nothing but sunglasses and a pair of shorts with an ice chest full of beer on the back?

Joester

Vendor
TDI
2002 Golf TDI
I have a 2000 tdi and wondering how to get it to make the whooshing sound wen u shift? The cars straight piped

serious answer: if you delete the cat and muffler and let off the gas under high load it will make an awesome 'pewwwww' sound. mine does it and its pretty cool, but it gets obnoxious sometimes.

NOTE: cat deletes are illegal!

firehawk618

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Golf TDI, 2dr, M6, Stock
I have a 2.5" straight downpipe to a stock cat-back. No noise from inside car.
I deleted the muffler, made all kinds of noise and that choppy sound when you shift at lower rpm's. Hated the sound and put the stock muffler back on.

Car was just obnoxious IMO.

bigtom111

Veteran Member
TDI
99 Beetle, 97 Passat, 03 Jetta

You sound like Walt Kowalski in Gran Torino "...and don't put a big, gay spoiler on the rear end..."