How to Change the Title of a Post - Help

mikerob97

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Jetta Sportwagen
I made a mistake when posting and need to change the Title. Is seems I can change the Subject line inside the post, but I want the title. How can this be accomplished. Thanks, Mike

DivineChaos

Top Post Dawg
TDI
mk6 jetta sportwagen tdi
I made a mistake when posting and need to change the Title. Is seems I can change the Subject line inside the post, but I want the title. How can this be accomplished. Thanks, Mike
edit the first post. click advanced. it will bring up the advanced editing which will show the title.

JSWTDI09

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2009 JSW TDI (gone but not forgotten)
edit the first post. click advanced. it will bring up the advanced editing which will show the title.

You can edit your post this way, but you can't edit the thread title. Only a Moderator or administrator can edit a thread title.
Therefore, the way to change a thread title is to report the first post in the thread and just request that the title be changed to whatever you want. If the original poster requests a title change, it will be edited by a moderator when they get a chance. This happens regularly.

Have Fun!

Don

mikerob97

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Jetta Sportwagen
You can edit your post this way, but you can't edit the thread title. Only a Moderator or administrator can edit a thread title.
Therefore, the way to change a thread title is to report the first post in the thread and just request that the title be changed to whatever you want. If the original poster requests a title change, it will be edited by a moderator when they get a chance. This happens regularly.
Have Fun!
Don
Thanks for this response. I reported my own post...so hopefully a moderator will change the title.

BobnOH

not-a-mechanic
TDI
New Beetle 2003 manual
Moderators are pretty laid back. For quicker response you might try a PM, moderators are sometimes shown at the bottom of the forum page.

JSWTDI09

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2009 JSW TDI (gone but not forgotten)
Done. I did not realize that the thread the OP wanted changed was in a forum where I am the moderator. I did not know what thread he was talking about until he reported it.;)

Have Fun!

Don

P.S. I also moved it to the MK5 forum due to title change.

Last edited: