HOW TO and do-it-yourself threads

Campbellonh

Veteran Member
TDI
formerly:Passat, 96, white and 10 Jetta, white gold
I AM LOOKING FOR A MECHANIC. I am in Maine between Lewiston and Brunswick. So far, I only have the dealer and I find their overpricing and the fact that I can't really talk to the mechanics difficult. I understand a fair bit about mechanics but don't wish to be the day to day mechanic for my Sportswagon.
Look up Herm Pasker, in Richmond, ME. Otherwise you need to head down to Mass.

se07007

TDI
3 2013 Passat TDL SEL's and 1 2006 JEtta TDI
2013 Passat TDI SEL 42k P0087 code no start

Folks I am brand new to the site but in need of help.
I have a Passat TDI SEL with 42k. Had a p0087 code and after a day or so of driving went into limp mode. Cleared code and went to limp mode before it hit second gear (DSG). Pulled the high pressure fuel rail of my parts car, changed the fuel filter and now wont start at all. The car idled perfectly with ho issue. There was no metal in the filter, none in the HPFP, and I bled the rail at the injector but wont start.
PLEASE HELP ME I WILL SEND YOU $$$$.
Thank you
Sean

Campbellonh

Veteran Member
TDI
formerly:Passat, 96, white and 10 Jetta, white gold
You may want to start that as a new thread. This is the "How-to" thread, so your question is kind of buried.

boertje

Veteran Member
TDI
'01, '01, '03, ‘06 NB - TDIs all.
Last edited:

bobsguns

TDI
2002 golf tdi gl 488,000 m
2002 golf power steering leak

i have a leak at the passenger side boot. I can't find any videos or pictures on replacing the seals only. anybody know where I can find some info? I am sure it is here somewhere, but I am new to this site

Linetrash

TDI
01 jetta
Hi clan. I'm new to the forum. I bought an 01 jetta. Haveing a few problems. Smokes bad on cold start up and over boost. Took it to a shop and had a compression test done. It was 390 on 1, 360 on 2, and 320 on 3. They did not do 4 because they couldn't get that glow plug out and didn't want to strip it. They suggested to pull the injectors and have them tested and identified. They also told me they thought it had a 190hp kit in the car. So I got the injectors out. What's the best way to clean the hole and is there anything else I should be doing. Hope I have this question in the right place. Thanks for all and any help.

whitedog

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Jetta that I fill by myself
Hi clan. I'm new to the forum. I bought an 01 jetta. Haveing a few problems. Smokes bad on cold start up and over boost. Took it to a shop and had a compression test done. It was 390 on 1, 360 on 2, and 320 on 3. They did not do 4 because they couldn't get that glow plug out and didn't want to strip it. They suggested to pull the injectors and have them tested and identified. They also told me they thought it had a 190hp kit in the car. So I got the injectors out. What's the best way to clean the hole and is there anything else I should be doing. Hope I have this question in the right place. Thanks for all and any help.
Two things:

One, you really need a new thread for your questions. This thread is for solutions, not questions.

Three, there is a guy over in Cd'A that knows these cars well. Can't think of his name right now though. Contact Aaron at Cascade German Auto parts and I bet he would know.

TonyJetta

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'15 Jetta TDI SE / '06 Jetta TDI DSG Pkg0 / '96 Passat TDI
Did they even check the timing?

Tony

BrianQ

TDI
2004 Jetta wagon
Fuel Line temp sensor

Hi, first time using this site, hopefully I can get back here?
Anyway I have 2004 Jetta wagon TDI with what I believe is a BEW engine. I have read all the basic TDI Hard start info and narrowed it down to the Fuel line temp sensor Mostly because I keep getting the P0183 engine code.(funny thing)
Anyway I can't seem to locate the fuel pump?(not so funny) could someone send me a pic or good description.
Thank you
Brian

romad

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2005 Jetta GLS Wagon "Cranberry"

BrianQ

TDI
2004 Jetta wagon
thank you

Hi Romad thank you very much.
I am still a little confused, some of the photos I have seen show the temp sensor inside the tandem pump but the diagram you linked me to shows it outside?
Brian

romad

Top Post Dawg
TDI
It isn't inside the tandem pump (it is inside the old injection pump used on earlier engines) since the Bentley shop manual does not mention any electrical connectors during the remove/install instructions. Go to the MkIV forum I linked above and someone there should be able to tell you where it is physically located. This is what it looks like: http://www.idparts.com/fuel-temperature-sensor-g81-a4-bewa5-brmb55-bhw-p-1758.html

Edit. Page 35 of the PDF I linked says: "The Fuel Temperature Sensor G81 is located in the fuel return line between the fuel pump and the fuel cooler."
So look under the tandem pump.

Last edited:

Antipenguin

TDI
2015 jetta tdi highline
2015 jetta tdi highline

Stupid question but i REALLY need some help my car just gave me a warning "1000 kms untill engine no start possible" due to it needs add blue well i have addblue but when i go to open my trunk it wont open i tried the latch the fob and the button on the drivers door i took it to volkswagen and they cant book me in for almost 2 weeks and i need to get to work is there anyway i can fold my back seats down from imside the cab? Will my engine really not start due to no exhaust fluid? This aounds like the stupidest thing i have ever heard especially when they put the fluid tank in the trunk with no manual unlock i.e a key hole maybe any advice would be highly appreciated im starting to debate on witch would cost more new back seat or new trunk thanks

whitedog

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Jetta that I fill by myself
Stupid question but i REALLY need some help my car just gave me a warning "1000 kms untill engine no start possible" due to it needs add blue well i have addblue but when i go to open my trunk it wont open i tried the latch the fob and the button on the drivers door i took it to volkswagen and they cant book me in for almost 2 weeks and i need to get to work is there anyway i can fold my back seats down from imside the cab? Will my engine really not start due to no exhaust fluid? This aounds like the stupidest thing i have ever heard especially when they put the fluid tank in the trunk with no manual unlock i.e a key hole maybe any advice would be highly appreciated im starting to debate on witch would cost more new back seat or new trunk thanks
You need to start a separate thread for this. This thread is for links on how to do certain things and you clearly need specific help with your problem.

romad

Top Post Dawg
TDI
You need to start a separate thread for this. This thread is for links on how to do certain things and you clearly need specific help with your problem.
The ambiguous thread title leads new posters here. They are asking "how to" and "do-it-yourself" questions. This thread needs to be either re-titled or closed to new posts.

Lady Lauren

TDI
Volkswagen Jetta
What a freaking amazing resource. As a noob to all this, thank you! Can't wait to use some of these at the end of the week.

vw2005jtdibew

TDI
2005 jetta
VAG location

Im new w a 2005 tdi jetta bew
I dont know how to locate a VAG location in jacksonville, fl
ive opened goggle maps and saw two, but don't know how to contact either one. Please help
thanks george

romad

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Im new w a 2005 tdi jetta bew
I dont know how to locate a VAG location in jacksonville, fl
ive opened goggle maps and saw two, but don't know how to contact either one. Please help
thanks george
There are several VAG dealers:

Tom Bush VW
Address: 9850 Atlantic Blvd, Jacksonville, FL 32225

Phone: (904) 371-4860

O'Steen VW
Address: 11401 Philips Hwy, Jacksonville, FL 32256

Phone: (904) 322-5100

VW of Orange Park
Address: 7220 Blanding Blvd, Jacksonville, FL 32244

Phone: (855) 758-7110

There is also a Trusted Mechanic:

Scott Krout
Scottkrout@gmail.com
(904) 772-6700
major or minor repairs
Jax, FL

Last, over on VW Vortex is someone with VCDS:

vdubguy97

Jacksonville Florida

Vortex Sn: vdubguy97
Vag Com: HEX-USB+CAN
Cell: Please PM on Vortex to contact

Last edited:

macguymark

TDI
VW Jetta TDI
MK5 5 speed stalls when shifted into reverse.

I have a 2006 BRM TDI PD 5 speed 145K miles. Everything was working fine. Then one day when I shifted into reverse the car died. Pushed in the clutch and it started right back up. Reversed as needed then shifted into 1st and was off. Just like normal. Now this continues every time I try to go into reverse. If I shift quick enough, most of the time it will remain running. I have noticed that all of the inside lights and dash power off when this happens. I have disconnected the reverse lights switch and problem still continues. I noticed yesterday while trying to figure this issue out. After shifting several times and watching the dash die I noticed that the battery cables where hot. I am thinking this must be a short somewhere any idea where to start? Thanks

diesel junky

TDI
03 jetta
EGR delete 06 tdi

I have recently bought an 06 jetta that has had an egr delete done to it except now the egr code keeps coming up. Does anyone know how to fix this?

Bobza

TDI
2010 Jetta TDI
Fault code p0544 on 2010 VW tdi sportwagon

Service engine light and flashing glow plug light just went on.
From what I can find on line it might be a bad exhaust gas temp sensor.
Does any one have experience replacing the sensor?

Bob

Tuesday,28,June,2016,09:33:50:15456
VCDS Version: Release 15.7.4 Running on Windows 7 x86

2 Faults Found:

001348 - Sensor 1 for Exhaust Temp Bank 1 (G235)
P0544 - 001 - Circuit Malfunction - Intermittent - MIL ON
Freeze Frame:
Fault Status: 10100001
Fault Priority: 2
Fault Frequency: 255
Reset counter: 255
Mileage: 141094 km
Time Indication: 0
Date: 2011.14.02
Time: 08:53:54

Freeze Frame:
RPM: 1656 /min
Speed: 83.0 km/h
Voltage: 14.21 V
Temperature: 53.1°C
Temperature: 930.0°C
Temperature: 258.0°C
Temperature: 186.0°C

001348 - Sensor 1 for Exhaust Temp Bank 1 (G235)
P0544 - 000 - Circuit Malfunction - Intermittent
Freeze Frame:
Fault Status: 00100000
Fault Priority: 2
Fault Frequency: 10
Reset counter: 255
Mileage: 141115 km
Time Indication: 0
Date: 2011.14.03
Time: 23:17:60

Freeze Frame:
RPM: 2116 /min
Speed: 105.0 km/h
Voltage: 14.21 V
Temperature: 81.0°C
Temperature: 930.0°C
Temperature: 354.0°C
Temperature: 312.0°C

Readiness: 1 1 0 0 1

call900

TDI
gulf
Help on auto to 5 speed on MK4 TDI

If there is any one out there that has any wiring knowledge for the 5 speed swap I would like to hire you for some guidance, I live in southern NH. Please reply.