How much $$ is that part?

fairbanks

Veteran Member
TDI
‘14 Passat TDI SEL ‘14 Jetta Sport Wagon ‘14 Passat TDI SEL
I have a question: I had the turbo sensor go out, I pulled one off another Passat I own, and that was the problem. This is where the good news ends, this part costs $98.99 to 115.90 dollars!! The same part for a Chevy Cruze costs 15.00 , ***!!!
Here is my question to that Christopher Columbus, Robinson Crusoe, how much different are these parts made by Bosch??
And will it work?

oilhammer

Certified Volkswagen Nut & Vendor
TDI
There are just too many to list....
We have no idea what you are talking about.

Define "turbo sensor" and the specific engines/models/years to which it applies.

fairbanks

Veteran Member
TDI
Sorry Oil hammer, Blue is right mass airflow
Or “Turbo” Boost sensor, but really, you had “no” idea??
Now that you have peed and Mark your territory, I will clarify my point, Bosch makes this part for the Chevy Cruze it 15.00 and almost a hundred dollars more for Volkswagen, so has anyone found a cheaper alternative to the ridiculous price gouging?

oilhammer

TDI
OK, as far as "no idea", let's clarify:

MAP is NOT the same as a MAF.

Manifold Absolute Pressure: (measures the level of vacuum or pressure..boost.. in the intake manifold/charge air tract).

Mass Air Flow : measures the "weight" of the air coming into the engine from the air cleaner.

You are in the NMS Passat forum section, and the CKRA engine in said NMS Passat has a vane sensor on the turbocharger, and THAT would be what I might call a "turbo sensor" although I would actually use the correct term of vane sensor instead. The CKRA also has an exhaust gas temp sensor on the turbo (EGT), which someone may also cause a "turbo sensor".

So sorry, urination aside, I really had no idea what you were talking about, and why I asked for clarification. Which, we still do not have, since IBW guessed MAP, and you said MAF.... maybe YOUR urine should be checked? :p

IndigoBlueWagon

TDIClub Enthusiast, Principal IDParts, Vendor , w/
TDI
'97 Passat, '99.5 Golf, '02 Jetta Wagon, '15 GSW
I said Mass Air Pressure, Not Mass Airflow. Not the same thing. And looking at MAP sensors, we have an AC Delco one that appears to fit both Cruzes, for $39.95. MAP sensor (Bosch) for the CKRA is $51.95, not $100 as you claim. And The Bosch sensor PN of 0281006076 which appears to fit the Cruze (but not the VW, which uses 0281002976), is $35.99 at Autozone and $46.99 at Advance Auto Parts. I see lower prices on eBay, but keep in mind that the world is full of counterfeit Bosch products, especially MAP sensors, so what you see for the $15 you claim may not be genuine and may not work.

fairbanks

Veteran Member
TDI

Manifold Absolute Pressure: (measures the level of vacuum or pressure..boost.. in the intake manifold/charge air tract).

Mass Air Flow : measures the "weight" of the air coming into the engine from the air cleaner.

You are in the NMS Passat forum section, and the CKRA engine in said NMS Passat has a vane sensor on the turbocharger, and THAT would be what I might call a "turbo sensor" although I would actually use the correct term of vane sensor instead. The CKRA also has an exhaust gas temp sensor on the turbo (EGT), which someone may also cause a "turbo sensor".

So sorry, urination aside, I really had no idea what you were talking about, and why I asked for clarification. Which, we still do not have, since IBW guessed MAP, and you said MAF.... maybe YOUR urine should be checked? :p

Hey oil, 🤪 I am not a qualified mechanic, and I should study these abbreviations, far more than I do. However most people understood, and I think your here because you have to be and not because you want to be. Your a moderator right? Getting tired of us who only show up with a problem, are not serious about the rules and asking the same old questions? I‘ll bet you have a sensor out, probably one that shows your overheating!

Tdijarhead

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2003 TDI Jetta Daughters Car, 2001 TDI Beetle, Wife’s car, 2005 Golf TDI Mine, all 5 spds
OH is not a moderator nor is he here only because he “has” to be. I think he genuinely enjoys helping folks out with their diesel vehicle problems.

You had two of the most knowledgeable and prolific posters on this forum respond to your questions and you come off as someone who has their panties wound around their ears to tightly.

It amazes me how often people ask a question and assume we know exactly what car they are driving. VW has changed engines several times, ALH, BEW, BRM, etc, etc, they’ve done the same thing with transmissions and each engine or transmission often requires a different response. At least you said you had a Passat, is it the one in your signature or have you traded cars? Check your attitude, you might get some help you can use.

Just for the record I had no idea what your “turbo sensor” was either.

pedroYUL

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Passat CVCA; 2015 GSW CRUA; 2012 wagon CJAA; 2004 wagon BEW
Heck, I'm still unsure which sensor this dude is talking about...turbo sensor, my mind like OH, goes to actuator and the position sensor.

Also, I doubt the Cruze and any VW can share parts, or was the comment about how cheap are parts for Chevy? In any case, almost any part for $15 other than a bushing, sounds like Prothe parts to me.

oilhammer

TDI
I am laughing at the statement "You are here because you have to be, not because you want to be"... oh man, that is gold right there. LMAO!!!

And we STILL don't know what part he is talking about, that's even funnier. Heck, his sig says B5 Passat, but he posted in the NMS section. He may not even know what CAR he has!

740GLE

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Passat SEL, 2017 Alltrack SE; BB 2010 Sedan Man; 2012 Passat,
Also, up until he told us he wasn't a mechanic, I had thought he was. Man you learn something new each day on the internet, some may just need to spend more time online than others.

Keep asking questions, posting picture or two does wonders, heck even toss us a part number, 99% of these sensors have part numbers stamped right on them, takes two seconds to add to a post and give everyone some more details.