How much did you pay for 40K Service?

STRANGETDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Audi A3 S-Line Premium Plus Quattro - APR Stage II
I usually would do this service myself, but....

We just moved into our new house recently and my garage is full of stuff and my tools are still in boxes and everything is in disarray.

So I am going to the dealer (so far, they have been great and have treated me and my TDI very well) for this on Thursday. For those who had the service done at the dealer, what did you guys end up paying?

40K (miles) Service:
Oil and Filter
Fuel Filter
All other filters
Rotate tires
"Multi-point inspection"
What else am I missing?

emerscape

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Touareg TDI Lux
Check out my thread down in the regional section for the northeast on the results I got from calling around. Think I paid $650 that was 40k and DSG

Yamasaki

TDI
'12 Golf TDI
I paid $371.42 after a 20% off coupon @ Roseville VW in Northern CA.

40k service on a '12 TDI with 6 speed manual trans.

Black11TDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Golf TDI (Gone But not Forgotten), 2013 Tiguan SE 4 Motion
Dealer quoted me $800+ for full 40k included Oil and Filter, DSG service, brake flush, air cleaner, fuel filter, cabin filter, tires rotated and brakes checked, and topping off fluids. I did it myself for around $350, but had to pay another $130 for dealer to fix a leak I had.

andydg

Veteran Member
TDI
Used to have SW & Passat
Dealer just quoted me $850 for the service, $500 plus is labor, the rest for parts/materials. Seriously considering only having them do the DSG when its due and the rest myself.

STRANGETDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Audi A3 S-Line Premium Plus Quattro - APR Stage II
OP here. Just paid $287 with my 10% coupon. I have a manual, so no DSG.
I'll post the work order receipt if anyone is interested in seeing it.

hotpocketdeath

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Golf TDI
I paid $267.57

But that's just to purchase and ship the fluids and filters from idparts.com. I do all the work myself.

However, when I ordered my oil kit, I added in an extra filter. And I also went with the OEM fluids for my DSG kit, which cost me $139 instead of the $100 kit they have now.

You can pretty much get everything you need for a 40k service (for cars w/ DSG) from IDparts for $203.85, not including shipping, as long as you do the work yourself.

DSG: http://www.idparts.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=175&products_id=941
Filter Pack: http://www.idparts.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=175&products_id=615
Oil Kit: http://www.idparts.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=175&products_id=1135

That's not to say you can't get it cheaper at other places. Like Napa and PepBoys sales. I just picked up a couple cases of M1 ESP FM from Napa while on sale for $5.99/qt

Last edited: