How many MK4 jetta wagons were made?

02 wagon TDI

TDI
2002 Jetta wagon
Does anyone know how many MK4 TDI Jetta wagons were made?

Last edited:

whitedog

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Jetta that I fill by myself
And what's the breakdown by color? I'm guessing there are more silver than all other colors combined.

UhOh

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2000 & 2003 Golf GLS (2005 Mercedes E320 CDI)
Three?

I'll be by shortly to collect my prize:D

IndigoBlueWagon

TDIClub Enthusiast, Principal IDParts, Vendor , w/
TDI
'97 Passat, '99.5 Golf, '02 Jetta Wagon, '15 GSW
TDI numbers might be hard to come by. Don't know if I've seen them. I can tell you there aren't a lot of '02 TDI Wagons out there. More '03s, and yes, a lot of them are silver.

bbexotics

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Passat,2006 Jetta, 2003 Jetta wagon, 2017 Cayman S
Yep mine is silver and think it’s going to go to market soon!!!

caideN

TDI
02 Jetta Wagon TDI
Probably only half of what was sold in NA is still rolling around right now. I do not know the numbers but I'm sure we can all consider a tdi wagon mk4 rare. Plus, they were all made in Germany.

Last edited:

UhOh

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2000 & 2003 Golf GLS (2005 Mercedes E320 CDI)
I think that VAG is overly guarded on their numbers.

A seemingly rare color is, I think it's called, Mojave Beige Metallic. I was trying to find a driver's side front fender in this color to replace a rusting out fender- gave up.

I once had a car which was produced only in two years, total production run was 5,000. Mine had the option of the larger engine, so I figured that the factory only rolled out maybe 1,000 to 1,500 at most for that year.

Chris B

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Jetta Wagon 5 spd
Mine is definitely a bit of a unicorn, especially now. '02 TDI 5 speed, Indigo Blue. 313K miles and still running strong, although starting to look a bit shabby.

IndigoBlueWagon

TDIClub Enthusiast, Principal IDParts, Vendor , w/
TDI
'97 Passat, '99.5 Golf, '02 Jetta Wagon, '15 GSW
Chris, same color and year on mine. Still cleans up well.

Mine also has crank windows. Don't know if I've seen that on another Wagon.

jettawreck

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2001 Jetta and 2003 Jetta
I think that VAG is overly guarded on their numbers.

A seemingly rare color is, I think it's called, Mojave Beige Metallic. I was trying to find a driver's side front fender in this color to replace a rusting out fender- gave up.

I once had a car which was produced only in two years, total production run was 5,000. Mine had the option of the larger engine, so I figured that the factory only rolled out maybe 1,000 to 1,500 at most for that year.
I've only had one wagon and it was a 2003 1.8T 5 speed manual in the Mohave Beige and tan "leather" interior that I bought with the insurance money after the 2003 TDI was rear ended. The intention was to swap the TDI into that chassis. Instead I found a Jetta sedan with a dead 1.8 and drove the wagon until I eventually finished the project car. I became rather fond of the wagon 1.8/manual combo. Great heat in the winter. The gear spreads and power worked well, had dash and counsel cupholders and the driver's side headliner sunglass "holder".

hey_allen

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 Jetta TDI
I've been drooling over trying to find a wagon, even prowling Craigslist, looking at finding a wagon with some, lesser, gas engine to swap my whole engine/trans into from my admittedly rough sedan.

My only real concern there is the legal hoops to switch between gas and diesel on registration, and how it affects emissions testing (or lack of) in Washington state.

SpamJ

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta Wagon 2002 Silver
The other issue with '02 wagon's is there was a strike at VW at time the US wagon's were being assembled (or so I was told). So it took 6 months for mine to show up. And yes, our Canadian friends had to wait for the big bumper ones ('03) before they got any.

BleachedBora

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
'81 DMC-12, '15 GL350 CDI 275 hp/448 tq - '81 Caddy CJAA, '05 E320 CDI 250hp/450 tq, '23 ID4 AWD Pro S Plus
Somewhere between six and eleventy billion I reckon...
I miss my ‘05 Wagon. Good car!

dan30thz28

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Jetta GLS TDI 5-speed Manual 2013 VW Sportwagen TDI 6-Speed Manual
I have one. On a cross country trip right now, had 102,000 when I got it, now at 115,000 and change. Rust free,
amazing find from my TDI mechanic.