how many members are in the TDIclub.com

geostar

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta 2001 TDI, Jetta 2009 TDI
I am comparing our club to my workmates Subaru club. His has 22,000 members and 120 are on line right now? How many members do we have?

thanks,

tditom

Top Post Dawg
TDI
formerly: 2001 Golf GL, '97 Passat (RIP) '98 NB, '05 B5 sedan
TDIClub Forums Statistics
Threads: 193,754, Posts: 1,937,052, Members: 70,589, Active Members: 17,361

NETHED

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Golf TDI (Gone...but not forgotten)
Currently Active Users: 1036 (289 members and 747 guests) Most users ever online was 2,168, 06-21-07 at 04:12 PM.
NETHED, Dan_Ruddock, MayorDJQ, Losha, cu-fe, dieseleux, redbeard, robbinsresort, vwbora150, Dieseliscool, nova2, KenD, Eric Cartman, Vindiesel6, Scott58, JB05, ic_ou812, cbass94, meganuke, GoFaster, Aligator, The Chris, Prabs15, kd8cgo, mannytranny, 02AutoWag, dieselgti, Rob669, LesPingouinsdeFrance, stancho, 97B4TDi, crazyrunner33, Bryan42, kirstenpflomm, Lefty, 2much2do49, jesse7, Slave2school, Driver_found, engineerorange, OmegaRenegade, Strider, farfrumsanity, Eljean, Radman, DZLDRAG, FlyBoyOz, impetus19, r90sKirk, no_one_of_consequence, Picasel, BlueCTTDi, Tybrad, RC, gunnerdd972, SDMFer, tditom, Honeydew, DieselDrink, Birdman, Growler, sohccammer427, dr_p, Qreus George, ruking, makita, Lug_Nut, jeffstoked, NewTdi, wolfsburg_de, dok, Boost_virgin, spuimatt, fangtl, weedeater, WaynesTDI, A-Mark, TorqueMonster, Lightflyer1, fishmando, chevy88, 21window, 5pointslow, thatvan, Ed's TDI, jasonTDI, DanG144, Crazy Memphis, RedX, George, unL33T, Ron 33, rmr25, To DIe for, M I N I O N, ratsnest, gimmer, Ray_G, jettaround, Greaseburger, dlai, JohnQ-FWB, nick02, Drtyjetta, hakansson, Doug71, wsh, hstruz, FL2AK-tdi, fancy_dancer, Ilija, Tin Man, Hintertux, ColoradoDriver, fritz26363, MarkoP, bluesmoker, geostar, Mad_Dasher, MILLER02TDI, Richard Berg, MCR, R34TDI, midntdi, onlyinabeetle, Racer007, Poseidon, Wolffy, nortones2, dieseldorf, TDISurfer, riofrio, peterkin, Smaug, ghitab, mrchill, mnoeltne, Vinyl_Addict, Windex, STOOBIE, JettaJake, Audi_1, Rauss, diezlpwr, Perry, superfastsilver, kcfoxie, PDBug, mikey141414, cferrell536, FOG, fricker3, stc, danielhf, KEWL_TDI, terrman, bartmax, yaknowthatguy, Drivbiwire, stingray180, Doc_Oc, airtimeturbo, thebigarniedog, MefistoTdi, TdiRacing, RHN, stinkindiesel, quadcomm, TheJettaGuy, waistdeep, Chemboy, MrWhattie, VailPowder, Dakota2004, Blue_Hen_TDI, tommys69, vwmikel, bobbennett1, codeblue, SnowCub, Silver02TDI, bnold, TWSTDVW, MikeS_18, Tom|moTD'oh, ssg, Zysyewgg, Daan, wow, Phoenix42, Scott02, whitedog, scooter, ach7167, Hobhancock, dieselsRus, SoaceMunky, mtbr297, JMMeier, MojaveGolf, wbill, osesu96, Stealth TDI, eldo, Sregor, Nitrowolf, zhouge, greasyrides, gulfbear, MR G, urname7698, squebel, MiksTDI, zanzabar, 1oldfrt, oEo, Darth Bug, Marchmen, silverJ, TomKitt, darkscout, hskrdu, 04PDWagon, jbmorrison, skicrave, parkair, NYDolfan928, Buse, jlzf, simonr, VDubbing, avitech10, 06JettaTDIdsg, grout1, civlyzed, alex97jazzblue, LNXGUY, Joeviocoe, quantum_tdi, chrispitude, PapaBare, gswalton, Tom Servo, Beerme, Jason D, wfg97079, TronDD, jettawreck, Bookworm, 79 rocco, Desl Ed, jcrews, TDIFred, gforce1108, Ferrari, jimfoo, vgpwr, Malcolms, Precisiontuning, CalPauley, twigless, greengeeker, Mericet, AlanTDI, The New Guy, wakeboarder_shawn, woofie2, iiirobbie, jetta-girl, chinz, KROUT, DERV-NERD, Roast, Andrewh, Set to Stun, TDI Believer, WMCI, got_diesel?, kack, Curious Chris, beths grandad, greenskeeper, mickyTDI

BKmetz

Administrator, Member #10
Staff member
TDI
2015 Passat, titanium beige, 6MT
TDIClub now has around 50,000 members. I pruned all the dead, inactive, or ghost accounts from 1999-2006. About 25,000 so far. What determines a dead, inactive, or ghost account?

Join Date is the same as the Last Activity Date, 0 posts. Out of the 25,000 dead accounts, about 20,000 were in this catagory.

Join date was before 2006 and Last Activity was in 2006, 0 posts.

Join Date was between 1999 and 2006 and member status remained 'Users Awaiting Confirmation Email. This means the member can log on and send PMs, but can't post. The members' email client blocked the confirmation email. By the way, most of these accounts are AOL users. Even now, 90% of 'Users Awaiting Confirmation Email' are AOL users. AOL users, PLEASE get a real ISP and lose the training wheels. :rolleyes:

A ghost account is a real name and email of someone, but they didn't knowingly register. The spam trojan on their PC tried to register and used the hosts name and email. The vast bulk of these dead or inactive accounts are ghost accounts. I've even found spam-bot accounts with status as 'Users Awaiting Confirmation Email.' So even the spammers are not as sharp as they portend.

There are also thousands of inactive accounts with 1 post. I haven't done anything with these.

ymz

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2003 Jetta TDI Wagon, 2003 Jetta TDI Wagon
But aren't there also a bunch of long-time lurkers who've never taken the step of actually joining ???

Happy New Year !!!

Yuri.

BKmetz

Staff member
TDI
ymz said:
But aren't there also a bunch of long-time lurkers who've never taken the step of actually joining ???

Happy New Year !!!

Yuri.
Hi Yuri,

If they didn't take the step of joining then they are guests, no change there. I also stopped pruning at 2006 so all the member/lurkers who have 0 posts but have a 2007 'Activity Date' are still around. There are thousands of these. I'll deal with the 2007 inactive accounts in 2008.

compu_85

Gadget Guy
TDI
... None :S
Dang I was just looking through these forums... didn't see the date :eek:

That's what I get for not paying attention...

Growler

Got Soot Vendor
TDI
Schmutz, 2015 Golf Sportwagen DSG & Schnurren, 2001 Golf GL 2 door 5M
good one Jason.

Brian, isnt it time to trim the fat some more?

CentralFloridaTDIguy

Veteran Member
TDI
none yet
or get a free email account

BKmetz said:
TDIClub now has around 50,000 members. I pruned all the dead, inactive, or ghost accounts from 1999-2006. About 25,000 so far. What determines a dead, inactive, or ghost account?

Join Date is the same as the Last Activity Date, 0 posts. Out of the 25,000 dead accounts, about 20,000 were in this catagory.

Join date was before 2006 and Last Activity was in 2006, 0 posts.

Join Date was between 1999 and 2006 and member status remained 'Users Awaiting Confirmation Email. This means the member can log on and send PMs, but can't post. The members' email client blocked the confirmation email. By the way, most of these accounts are AOL users. Even now, 90% of 'Users Awaiting Confirmation Email' are AOL users. AOL users, PLEASE get a real ISP and lose the training wheels. :rolleyes:
gmail, yahoo and tons of others offer free email accounts for the uninformed AOL users;)

BKmetz

Staff member
TDI
CentralFloridaTDIguy said:
gmail, yahoo and tons of others offer free email accounts for the uninformed AOL users;)
You indentified a redundancy there, 'uninformed' and 'AOL users' in the same statement. ;)

In all fairness I'm seeing more problems with Yahoo and a little bit with Hotmail blocking confirmation and password reset emails. Gmail has the least problems and is the preferred email used by spammers.

Around 90% of the spammers use gmail.

Around 80% of the members with registration/confirmation/password reset problems use AOL.

So it's quite obvious when one sees it from my perspective, the internet savvy use gmail, the clueless use AOL.

:rolleyes: