How low will Sirius renewal offers will go?

node_one

TDI
2012 Golf TDI
$4/month for 5 months was the card I just got in the mail to re-activate after my trial expired.

gmcjetpilot

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 JSW TDI DSG Matalic Grey
$4/month for 5 months was the card I just got in the mail to re-activate after my trial expired.
Read the fine print, you might owe them your first born or will them your body organs.... :D That sounds like my $4.17/month for 6 months.

homelessgdog

TDI
12 Golf TDI 4dr 6spd m/t
I paid $77 for one year while I was into the 2nd month of my 3 month trail from VW. I got the letter and the phone call about so much a month or something stupid. I said I don't think so. I had their service in another car. They still send me emails about renewing for the other car and I don't even have it anymore. You need to play hard ball with them on price. No one needs their service!

node_one

TDI
2012 Golf TDI
Read the fine print, you might owe them your first born or will them your body organs.... :D That sounds like my $4.17/month for 6 months.
Standard fine print. The only thing was having to phone to do the renewal as the online form wanted to put me onto the semi-annual plan afterwards.

gumaku1

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Sportwagen TDI - DSG
so what is the story with the trial subscription? I signed up back in the end of October and it was supposed to be good only until Jan 3rd, my subscription seems to still be alive today. I checked the website account and it say "no subscription" and $0.00 balance due. I also do not have any payment type or credit card setup either.

My other car (12M CRV) was on the new car 3 month trial XM subscription and it shut off on the 4th.

anyone know if was supposed to do somthing to cancel? Am I automatically enrolled now? and if I will be getting a huge bill in the mail?

El Dobro

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2017 Bolt EV Premier, 2023 Bolt EUV Premier
The car before my current car had a trial subscription for three months. It was still going when I got rid of the car 13 months later.

Scoutx

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Jetta (6MT) - 1000 Mile Club (retired)___ 2015 Jetta SEL (6MT)
Recent offer, 6 months $4 and something per month, with tax 6 months for $28 and change.

gmcjetpilot

Veteran Member
TDI
The car before my current car had a trial subscription for three months. It was still going when I got rid of the car 13 months later.
78 mpg..... ha ha, bull...ah cough... hummm. You are drinking the kool aid, or does it run on kool aid.

mklabunde

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Passat SEL Premium
I almost renewed at the $77 offer. I started complaining to the rep that I did not appreciate all the blathering that goes along with the music, the announcers feel the need to pontificate endlessly about all sorts of nonsense. I particularly have a problem with the moron who goes by the name of "Madison", on the new wave channel. She drives me nuts, I can't stand to listen to her for more than a few seconds. I told the nice young lady that I have a problem paying for this crap. She then told me that for $99 per year I could eliminate all talk, just music all the time. I wanted to know why it should cost more for less, after all they don't have to pay the turkeys to yammer on incessantly. She had no answer for this, so without further ado, I backed out of the deal. The sound stinks anyway.
yes I agree with you. I have a display that tells me everything I need to know I don't need to have some idiot talking over the songs. Also I have had XM before Sirius bought them and I have to say that it was better. XM didn't have those stupid VJ's from MTV as hosts. I am paying to listen (well not anymore I have two lifetime subs now) I don't need to hear your voice over my music. I don't pay to hear you ;) talk. I can understand if you are listening to one of the stations that is a rebroadcast of a local station someplace of course they will have talking. I wish XM and Sirius would of never merged went down hill from that point. That said at 77 bucks a year that a good deal, if you can afford it you might want to opt for a lifetime it's currently 699 yes I know that's huge but you never have to pay again. I first one was only 399. I have a XM3PI that is a portable unit that I have a docking station in my jetta and this works just fine.

Mark

gmcjetpilot

Veteran Member
TDI
Ha,ha, you have no idea what you're talking about.
Look at your own data tag.

"TDI(s): CR Free
Fuel Economy: 78 MPG Gas"

Geesh....
Are you that clueless and full of it?
I'm not sure you are playing dumb, but I am sure you are full of it.
You need to join the "CR Free" forum troll.

Last edited:

jni3

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 sportwagen tdi / 2012 golf tdi
Why is this thread being hijacked? It has nothing to do with fuel economy.

El Dobro

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Why is this thread being hijacked? It has nothing to do with fuel economy.
No kidding, now back to the topic.
I got a letter in the mail from SiriusXM offering $14.49 a month, $29.94 for 6 months or $95 for a year.

vw_leadfoot

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Golf TDI Wagen
Just renewed mine again for $95/yr instead of the $176/yr they were going to automatically renew me at. Basically 6mo free and 6mo reg price. Since I don't find Sirius that great, that's about the most I'd ever pay for it. Since I have a long commute, the variety is nice at times...

You just have to threaten to cancel entirely and they'll come back with a deal in me experience. This is my 3rd renewal and I use the same tactic every time. If they didn't 'bite' I'd have no problem letting the subscription go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mcracer516

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Jetta Gold (totaled in pileup on I-25 3/1/2014), 2013 JSW Blue, 2005 Subaru Outback 2.5XT Blue 17mpg city :(
No kidding, now back to the topic.
I got a letter in the mail from SiriusXM offering $14.49 a month, $29.94 for 6 months or $95 for a year.
My Latest offer is $4.99 a month for six months. Of course I have to give them a CC # and they will automatically renew it at normal price after 6 months. I just have to remember to call them during the 5th month to cancel it, unless they give me the same offer again. It is nice to have, but I won't pay more than $5 a month for it.

El Dobro

Top Post Dawg
TDI
My Latest offer is $4.99 a month for six months. Of course I have to give them a CC # and they will automatically renew it at normal price after 6 months. I just have to remember to call them during the 5th month to cancel it, unless they give me the same offer again. It is nice to have, but I won't pay more than $5 a month for it.
You may be better off telling them to invoice you so they don't get your credit card number. I won't give them mine again.

mcracer516

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Jetta Gold (totaled in pileup on I-25 3/1/2014), 2013 JSW Blue, 2005 Subaru Outback 2.5XT Blue 17mpg city :(
You may be better off telling them to invoice you so they don't get your credit card number. I won't give them mine again.
Reading the fine print on the offer I don't think this is an option. It is one of those things where they hope you forget so they can charge you the next six months at full price. I will be sure to ask about that when I call though.

JBell

Veteran Member
TDI
None
That is the offer I have for both of our cars now. I just put a reminder in to cancel before they charge card.

Conrad -JSW

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 JSW DSG
Just renewed mine again for $95/yr instead of the $176/yr they were going to automatically renew me at. Basically 6mo free and 6mo reg price. Since I don't find Sirius that great, that's about the most I'd ever pay for it. Since I have a long commute, the variety is nice at times...

You just have to threaten to cancel entirely and they'll come back with a deal in me experience. This is my 3rd renewal and I use the same tactic every time. If they didn't 'bite' I'd have no problem letting the subscription go.

Sorry but $95/year is not a deal. I'll take $54/year with one extra call during that year every time.

GearheadzTV

Veteran Member
TDI
'10 JSW DSG
Reading the fine print on the offer I don't think this is an option. It is one of those things where they hope you forget so they can charge you the next six months at full price. I will be sure to ask about that when I call though.
I got $5 a month and when they asked if it was ok to put me on automatic payment I said "No" Then they tried to ask for a cc to have on file and again I said "no". Then after a few more attempts, he said ok so I will remove your card from the file and you will have to make a payment in 6 months in order to renew....Score!
Just keep saying no to the monthly and yearly plans and they will offer $25 for 6 months then begin saying no to all the cc questions. It's hilarious....have fun with it.