How long does it take battery to go from 13V to 4V (answer inside)

jafische

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 (A3) TDI SEL Premium (Reflex Silver / Moonrock)
Overnight.
I did it. Left the lights in the ON position and shut garage and went to bed.
Is there a way to make the lights turn off after X time of the ignition not being on?

compu_85

Gadget Guy
TDI
... None :S
You mean the parking lights? There are some bits that look like they might control that in the computer, but I haven't messed with them yet.

The ESP, TPMS, and steering idiot lights will all go out after you drive a short distance.

-J

jafische

Veteran Member
TDI
Yes. Leaving the headlight switch in the on position will result in the parking lights remain on. They were on all night. I was so drunk I don't even remember the drive home. Kidding. Kids distracted me.
It sure seems that (if ignition is =0 and headlight switch =1 and timerX(60 minutes)=expired then lights=0)

Really!

vw_norm

Gone, but not forgotten.
TDI
2012 NMS TDI SEL Platinum Gray w/moonrock
Interesting. A couple of weeks ago, I came home in a heavy rain with the Euro switch in ON and fogs ON. Parked and shut the garage door, thinking that the coming home feature would shut off the lights in 30 seconds. An hour later, I remembered that I had left the fogs on, and went back out to the garage, expecting to see the lights still on. I was pleasantly surprised to see that all the lights were off with the light switch still in the fog position.

jafische

Veteran Member
TDI
All lights were off! I just had it in the ON position and the parking lights were on.

SoTxBill

Top Post Dawg
TDI
13 passatdsg 10 jetdsg, 09 jetdsg, 2006 jetdsg, 2001Jet, 96passat, 86jet, 81 jet, 78pickup all vw diesel.
All lights were off! I just had it in the ON position and the parking lights were on.

Parking lights are meant to be left on so that someone does not run over you. All night if needed..

Its seems they worked as designed. No one ran over your car while parked in the garage. Otherwise they would not be "parking lights". Maybe you could add some "Garage lights" and they can be programed to cut off.

jafische

Veteran Member
TDI
Good point. Seems like VW would be able to tell that is am a dumb a$$ and maybe lower voltage or start flashers after a while. Something to prevent me from killing my battery. But, I suppose that I learned my lesson and it won't be a problem again anyway.