How Long did it take??

dgoodhue

Veteran Member
TDI
'14 6MT JSW
Mine showed up today. I signed up on 11/10. I am going on vacation in 2 days for a week, so I probably won't have a chance to visit my VW dealership to activate them until after Christmas.

Last edited:

dmarsingill

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Sportwagen Turned in , 2000 Z3 Coupe, 2003 Ford Expedition
Got mine today. It was mailed 12/8.....one day earlier than 4 weeks.

I guess my life can finally resume!!!(sarcasm in case you didn't catch it)

Donald

soot1

Veteran Member
TDI
Currently none. Formerly: 2010 VW Jetta TDI 6M, 1993 Dodge Ram W250 Cummins 5M 4WD, 1990 VW Jetta Diesel 5M, 1986 VW Jetta Diesel 5M, 1980 VW Uabbit Diesel 4M. Currently driving 2018 Toyota 4Runner SR5 4WD.
Mine showed up 10 minutes before 5 PM today.

meerschm

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2009 Jetta wagon DSG 08/08 205k buyback 1/8/18; replaced with 2017 Golf Wagon 4mo 1.8l CXBB
signed up and got e-mail on 11/9. package came today.

tried a couple times to verify the registration number in the confirmation e-mail, and it never worked.

tsingtao

Veteran Member
TDI
2016 Mazda 3 Hatchback 2009 Jetta TDI--Bought back 12/21/16
Registered 11/9. Nothing in today's mail. That makes it five weeks or 25% longer than VW promised.

Interestingly my dealer, who has been leaving messages for me to come in and look at gas models to trade in for almost daily, called today and I answered. I told him no way would I come in until I received the package because I must own the vehicle to activate it. So he can blame VW of America. "Not that you guys don't already have a lot of issues them", I added. He chuckled at that.

hughc

TDI
2005 tdi passat
dont I remember it saying 4-6 weeks? Nov 9 for me and nothing yet. I will worry about more important things for now..... like, will I be in the doghouse for getting the wife a dishwasher for X-mas instead of jewelry??
My first wife used to say if I got her a dishwasher for xmas she would get me a new snow shovel.

Take that for what it's worth.

tsingtao

Veteran Member
TDI
2016 Mazda 3 Hatchback 2009 Jetta TDI--Bought back 12/21/16
Just used the chat session on the VW site. (Surprisingly quick, I might add.) Said they mailed mine 12/8.

It's no big deal but VW has only increased customer irritation surrounding the diesel debacle by promising, "Your Goodwill Package should arrive within 4 weeks after online registration", but not even mailing them out until after 4 weeks have passed.

lrpavlo

Veteran Member
TDI
09 Sportwagen DSG, 02 NB Auto
I got 2 today with consecutive #'s.....both for the same car!
In Cocoa Florida

tariq

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 TDI Sportwagen
Registered Nov.9th, received and activated cards today. Dealer did not actually inspect car at all. I presented my title, DL and told the cashier my mileage for activation. Took about 5 minutes.

Tmmpsych

TDI
Jetta Sportswagon
Mine ended up coming in the mail today… Signed up on 9 November, mailed out on 8th of December, in the Dallas area. We get our mail super late in the evening. Hoping to make it to the dealership tomorrow.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

jekl843

TDI
2011 Golf TDI (sold), 2002 Jetta TDI 5spd, 2017 GTI SE 6spd
Signed up on the afternoon of November 9th, 2015 and received it today Monday, 12/14/15, a full 35 days (5 weeks) later in CT. Woohoo!!! Free money!!

Teeg

TDI
Audi A3
Spoke to Audi today, registered mine on the 12 or 13 of November, the lady was quite rude and would only confirm they are having an issue with mailing the cards out and are working on it. She would not confirm if mine was sent out or hung up ....... Great customer service, I may try calling them back tomorrow.

anotherTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Passat TDI SE DSG, 2014 JSW TDI DSG
It is good for 1 year. It is pretty lame that VW starts the clock when you apply for the goodwill package, not when they send it. Here we are middle of Dec, just got today and it expires Nov 2016.

faultymechanics

Veteran Member
TDI
1992 Jetta Ecodiesel, 2015 Jetta TDI SEL
Just contacted support. I signed up on the 9th and it just got shipped on the 7th of December. Good job VW, all aces.....

Magichelmt

TDI
2014 TDI SE
I registered 11/9/15 received 12/12/15. I took them in yesterday afternoon and there were 4 people waiting in front of me. took about 35 minutes for them to work through to me.

man02195

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 VW JSW
Activated this morning at the dealer, there were 4 people in front of me, took about 5 minutes. Needed license, registration, mileage on car and received flyer with 10% to 20% discounts on parts, service, service contracts.

anotherTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
Just got off the phone with the lawyers at VW.

Need to clarify a definition. The cards are advertised as good for one year from date of "issuance". VW is defining "issuance" as the day you "registered" for the card not the date they sent you the card. Essentially the processing time is being assessed against the one year expiration date.

I have no problem using the VISA debit card in the abbreviated timeframe but the VW service card could be an issue as it more beneficial to have a later expiration date.

Kind of cheesy to short people on the expiration date..... oh well, better than a ham sandwich.

Last edited:

JasonMc

Veteran Member
TDI
1999.5 Jetta GL
Registered November 9 and received December 14. Had to wait 30 minutes for their sales manager. But then it took 5 minutes.

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

Boatman

Veteran Member
TDI
'11 Jetta, '04 Sprinter, '14 GLK 250
It is good for 1 year. It is pretty lame that VW starts the clock when you apply for the goodwill package, not when they send it. Here we are middle of Dec, just got today and it expires Nov 2016.

12 months vs 11 months to spend the money. Do you really think you will hold the cards for that long? Did you want to will them to your grandkids??

:rolleyes: :D

anotherTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
12 months vs 11 months to spend the money. Do you really think you will hold the cards for that long? Did you want to will them to your grandkids??

:rolleyes: :D
Nah, just looking to get what was promised. As said I am ok with the VISA but the service card could make a difference as my two TDIs are in great shape and don't need anything. Now that you mention it, if I don't need to use the service card prior to expiration maybe I can transfer it to someone who needs it. I need to check on that too.

In hindsight, I should have held off on registering so soon.