How do you switch from bluetooth to phone

sinfony78

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 sportwagen
How do you switch to the handset while the bluetooth is connected in the middle of a phone call? is there a button to push?

i have an early model 2010, if that makes a difference. No navigation system

numl0ck

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Golf TDI
It depends on the type of phone you have. On the iPhone, there is a "sources"-type button (I don't recall the exact name), and you can select speaker (normal), speaker phone, or bluetooth.

numl0ck

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Golf TDI
I'm pretty sure it has to be done on the phone.

For what it's worth, you can turn the car off, and when you remove the key from the ignition it will auto-swich back to the phone (not much use when you are cruising down the highway).

Chilkoot

TDI
2010 Black JSW TDI 6M Pano Portos
Hit the phone button on the left side of the steering wheel twice (quickly) and the call will switch to your handset. Hit it twice again and it will go back to Bluetooth.

sinfony78

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 sportwagen
thanks, i'll try that...i searched through the bluetooth manual and it said nothing about this..but i just skimmed through it really, really fast

tcp_ip_dude

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Jetta TDI Sedan
All the BT features are well covered in the manual. i.e. muting, transfering, handsfree, phonebook access, ring volume, etc.

Camarones

Veteran Member
TDI
Formerly 2010 Golf TDI 6M 4dr UGM, 2001 Golf TDI
You could just turn off the car :)

(not recommended while in motion!)

sinfony78

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 sportwagen
i tested it, and i had to hold down the phone button on the steering wheel in order to transfer the call to the handset...always thought the only function of that button was to hang up