Houston TDI owners

craigmcbride

TDI
mk6 jetta
Im good with either of those spots. Im down for this weekend as long as I can get this new AC compressor in. This car has been asking a lot of me lately but I am getting her sorted.

craigmcbride

TDI
mk6 jetta
I'm down, this new MKV is driving me nuts, has officially been the biggest PITA I've ever owned. Would like to discuss some of these VW shenanigans with some of you folks...

Kruso

Whats been going on? Been having nightmares with my mk6 too. But, shes stage 3 and im happy. Like a big ass chic that complains too much.

Kruso

Veteran Member
TDI
MKIV Jetta TDI Red, MKIV Jetta TDI Green, MKV Jetta TDI Silver DSG.
Whats been going on? Been having nightmares with my mk6 too. But, shes stage 3 and im happy. Like a big ass chic that complains too much.
Mine is a stage 4 Malone tune with the upgraded PD105 turbo.

A dreaded vibration and extremely poor mpg is what's plaguing mine. On a side note, I'm pretty happy with the custom downpipe I build for mine a couple of months ago.

danny2012

TDI
2012 Jetta
It doesn't seem like this Sunday is working too well. And I also got pulled into something to help fam. So how about gtg next Sunday at the twin peaks.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

craigmcbride

TDI
mk6 jetta
Yesterday morning at 4 am my son and I were going to crystal beach to fish. I got to 45 @ west and the dude in front of me ran over a semi tire and I caught it with my windshield. Hit so hard there was glass in the back seat!
Anyway, limped her home an got new glass and shes all good. Anybody want to cruise tonight?

danny2012

TDI
2012 Jetta
Yesterday morning at 4 am my son and I were going to crystal beach to fish. I got to 45 @ west and the dude in front of me ran over a semi tire and I caught it with my windshield. Hit so hard there was glass in the back seat!
Anyway, limped her home an got new glass and shes all good. Anybody want to cruise tonight?
If i had read this sooner

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

craigmcbride

TDI
mk6 jetta
No worries. I just managed to make a dude in an M5 have to roll up his windows while I was rollin coal on his ass after he did a 5000 mph fly by on me lol

Kruso

Veteran Member
TDI
MKIV Jetta TDI Red, MKIV Jetta TDI Green, MKV Jetta TDI Silver DSG.
Sorry fellas, I'm not always able to check in online here. I have sent out my number to a couple of you guys, shoot me a text should you guys decide to get together.

craigmcbride

TDI
mk6 jetta
A buddy of mine and I went out cruisin the other night. He just got APR stg 1 on his 2015 GTi. **** that car is fast. We went from a dig and it took him till about 60 to catch me but when he did he was moving. I need a 50 shot.

2barthriller

TDI
2002 Jetta
For any one interested: There is a VW meet on the last Friday every Month at Academy Sports + Outdoors
10414 Gulf Fwy Houston, TX 77034 from 9PM-??? and another VW meet on the 1st Friday of each month at Southwell's Hamburger Grill 1909 Taylor St Houston, TX 77007 at 7:30PM... Spread the word to other Houston area TDI owners. If this group grows large enogh, then we can start having our own get togethers. Add me on FB https://www.facebook.com/carpetabor for a quick response.

dearing

TDI
None yet
NEED TO HELP IN SW HOUSTON

I am looking to buy a car out of the Houston market. I am elsewhere. Anyone with a VDS want to scan the car for codes, print the report to PDF, and then e-mail me the report?

The car is in Stafford, between Sugarland and the 8 loop in SW Houston, so if you are on the east side it may not be worth your time. I am willing to pay a reasonable fee.

Thanks

Joel

craigmcbride

TDI
mk6 jetta
Had a good time running the streets with 2 bar thriller last night. That ALH dont play. We were alking about a get together once a month or week or whatever. anybody else in?

voilsb

TDI
2012 Jetta TDI
NEED TO HELP IN SW HOUSTON

I am looking to buy a car out of the Houston market. I am elsewhere. Anyone with a VDS want to scan the car for codes, print the report to PDF, and then e-mail me the report?

The car is in Stafford, between Sugarland and the 8 loop in SW Houston, so if you are on the east side it may not be worth your time. I am willing to pay a reasonable fee.

Thanks

Joel
Hey I'll be in that area this weekend. I've got a Ross-Tech MicroCAN. What year is the car?

dearing

TDI
None yet
2010 Jetta

Thank you for the offer to scan the car in Houston for codes. We have located another car, and have signed the deal today. Let's hope we got lucky.

Thank you again for the offer.

TDITommyTDI

TDI
2009 Jetta TDI
Hey new to the group. Jusrt bougth my first TDI (2009 Jetta) :):) after driving diesels for 10 years in the Army. I live in Vidor but close enough to join this thread. Hope all is well.

TDITommyTDI

TDI
2009 Jetta TDI
looking for help with a VAG COM

Hello does anyone in here live close to Beaumont that has a VAGCOM

RustyBucket99

TDI
1999.5 Jetta TDI A4 ALH Std.
Hi TDI Owners,
I purchased a 99 Jetta TDI A4 in 2004 for my son and he drove it into the ground. He tried to kill it but it wouldn't give up the ghost. When he purchased a new vehicle he gave it back to me as he never paid me back for it. It now has over 300,000 miles on it and it still runs well and gets 49/50 mpg. I have been trying to restore it to better condition as he broke, removed, or broke almost everything on the car. When the front and rear struts and shocks wore out he would bottom the car out and knock a hole in the oil pan. I bet he put 6 oil pans on it rather than fix the struts. Well I have replaced all that and cv shafts, lower control arms, fenders, inner fender wells, oil dip stick, hood latch, both mirrors, left door handle, mirror control switch, dome light, center arm rest, brakes, rotors, e-brake cables, new tires, custom headlights, custom tail lights, removed coked up EGR and EGR Cooler and cleaned, fixed all the mis routed vacuum lines, got turbo working, and probably lots more that I've forgotten about. Been tinkering for the last two years. Got it inspected and insured now and drive it now and then. I was a Class A truck driver for 35 years and Heavy Equipment mechanic. I have become disabled and have sold all my tools and now live in Houston. I really need parts to finish this up and a TDI mechanic that would be willing to bring a VAG to my home and help me out from time to time. My drivers door will not lock , the alarm goes off when you try and you have to open the trunk to stop it. I have a tan interior and need a drivers door panel with the round speaker and a black top moulding. Many other parts as well. The plastic under engine cover, the decorative top engine cover with the VW emblem and 1.9 TDI. Front and rear cup holders, headliner. Far from done. But being disabled and it gets 50 mpg, helps me out tremendously, believe me. So if you know someone that could help me finish this, I would be grateful. I can only afford to put a little in it each month. Thank you. This site is great and has helped me greatly.

ChimpanZed

TDI
2012 Jetta SportWagen
Oil Change Kit

I've got an oil change kit that I bought from Momentum: 5 quarts of Castrol Edge Pro LL03 plus an OEM oil filter.

I will not be using this. Who wants it? It would cost $67.95 plus shipping from ID Parts. You can have it for $40. Pickup in Manvel, Downtown, or The Galleria depending on the day.