Houston TDI owners

bfalke1

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Golf TDI, Tech Package, 6MT, 4 door - SOLD
I feel I should check in, if nothing else, to bump this... 2013 White Golf TDI w/ tech package & custom leather interior

59 south and Hwy 6 area (Sugar Land)

SBAtdijetta

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'10 Jetta Cup 6spd, '02 Jetta Auto
02 Jetta with a few missing parts... ;-). The car is silver, and I am between the Cypress/Tomball areas.

Tarbe

Veteran Member
TDI
Touareg and Sportwagon Sold to VW
02 Jetta with a few missing parts... ;-). The car is silver, and I am between the Cypress/Tomball areas.

It sure is nice that the diesels don't get the scrutiny that the gassers do!

aja8888

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Out of TDI's
I am new again!

I'm back to being new again.:p I've moved into a MarkV, (but not a CR). I am in The Woodlands and jut bought a genuine Ross Tech MicroCan :eek: So now it's time to pour all kinds of money into this diesel. When will I learn?:confused:

HoneyBadgerBrawp

TDI
MK4 Jetta GLS 5spd
Anyone got a vagcom? My Jetta is starting to start slowly, excess smoke, surging power and nonexistent power. Shakes under acceleration. Thought motor mounts as well to fix the shake but I figure it's all sloppy injection due to a lousy pump.

mcracer516

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Jetta Gold (totaled in pileup on I-25 3/1/2014), 2013 JSW Blue, 2005 Subaru Outback 2.5XT Blue 17mpg city :(
I have VAG-COM, but I am @ 3 hours away in Anacoco LA. This weekend I am in Austin TX for the MOTOGP race, but will be back Mon if you can't find someone that is closer.

SBAtdijetta

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'10 Jetta Cup 6spd, '02 Jetta Auto
Anyone got a vagcom? My Jetta is starting to start slowly, excess smoke, surging power and nonexistent power. Shakes under acceleration. Thought motor mounts as well to fix the shake but I figure it's all sloppy injection due to a lousy pump.
I'm in Houston with Vagcom. Where are you located?

Shoot me a PM. I should be in town this weekend.

racerxboat

TDI
2006 Jetta TDI
I have had my 06 Jetta TDI for almost a month. I like it but don't know much about them.
It got great fuel mileage on the first tank 42, but now seems to be dropping off (36).
There is a hissing noise that I have begun to hear at 1,800 to 2,300 RPM's. should I be alarmed about this noise? The noise seems like an exhaust purge under the car. I will check it out tomorrow. It doesn't look to easy to get to since there is a large cover plate under the car.
Also is there something that can be done to the exhaust that will enhance mpg without damaging the engine? I'm not worried about emissions.
In College Station

aja8888

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Out of TDI's
I have had my 06 Jetta TDI for almost a month. I like it but don't know much about them.
It got great fuel mileage on the first tank 42, but now seems to be dropping off (36).
There is a hissing noise that I have begun to hear at 1,800 to 2,300 RPM's. should I be alarmed about this noise? The noise seems like an exhaust purge under the car. I will check it out tomorrow. It doesn't look to easy to get to since there is a large cover plate under the car.
Also is there something that can be done to the exhaust that will enhance mpg without damaging the engine? I'm not worried about emissions.
In College Station
Hissing is probably not the exhaust but a EGR cooler leak. If you are not capable of fixing this yourself, bring it to Robbie in Austin or Steve Glover in Ft. Worth.

houstonmacbro

Veteran Member
TDI
Passat TDI SEL
I just got into a 2013 VW Jetta TDI. I love the ride so far.

1960 @ Champions Forest
Hey neighbor!

Not sure if I responded to you already, but I am almost a year old (Passat TDI SEL) and love it. I make the commute from north Houston (FM 1960 @ I45) to Huntsville and back each day, and not sure what other car I could affordably do that in besides another Volkswagen.

Cheers on your purchase! Enjoy.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

bfalke1

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Golf TDI, Tech Package, 6MT, 4 door - SOLD
I just got into a 2013 VW Jetta TDI. I love the ride so far.

1960 @ Champions Forest
I used live in Huntwick... managed the GNC at CF & Louetta during college.

I just moved from Sugar Land to Cinco Ranch last week, I have a VCDS as well, if anyone is looking for one.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 4

Cincojoe

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Golf TDI
Would like to know about any meet ups as well. I also would love to have the vagcom mod done so I can open all windows with remote. Anyone willing to help? :)

Cincojoe

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Golf TDI

I just moved from Sugar Land to Cinco Ranch last week, I have a VCDS as well, if anyone is looking for one.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 4
I'm in cinco ranch as well. Let me know what you want for doing the VCDS I would really appreciate it.

deejaaa

Veteran Member
TDI
FOR SALE, 2002 Jetta GLS, 5 speed

Sent from my spaceship using Dictaphone XIV
too far away or i would take you up on that.

dieselindio

TDI
2009 Sportwagen
Hello everyone:
Just got myself a 2009 TDI Sportwagen with 120K miles on it. No issues so far. Location is Spring Cypress and Hwy.249.
I will be taking it into to the Das Autohaus for a full check-up and fluid changes next week.
I do have a question about the AC. It seems rather temperamental as to when it blows cold and when it does not. Any thoughts on what to look for that would help me find a pattern would help.

Last edited:

aja8888

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Out of TDI's
Hello everyone:
Just got myself a 2009 TDI Sportwagen with 120K miles on it. No issues so far. Location is Spring Cypress and Hwy.249.
I will be taking it into to the Das Autohaus for a full check-up and fluid changes next week.
I do have a question about the AC. It seems rather temperamental as to when it blows cold and when it does not. Any thoughts on what to look for that would help me find a pattern would help.
Read:

http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=254699&highlight=delayed+air+conditioning

HoneyBadgerBrawp

TDI
MK4 Jetta GLS 5spd
who's got a VW friendly scanner? Mine is intermittently smokey at idle, under boost and even while cruising.

the bastard shakes under mid to heavy throttle from idle on up to about 2000rpm.

yet sometimes it wont shake at all.

vettemoto

TDI
2004 Jetta GLS TDI
Can someone recommend a good place that does a complete timing belt job on a bew pd in Houston? Reasonable rate with proper tools is a must. I'm surprised there wasn't a guru on the list for this area.

Ashleigh2006

TDI
2014 Audi Q5 TDI and 2001 Jetta TDI (278k miles)
Check with W Autoworks - they will shoot you straight. Their number is (832) 444-6889, ask for Keaton and tell him Ashleigh from Dallas sent you :)