Hope for nice weather!!!

tdidieselbobny

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'03 Galactic Blue Jetta TDI, '15 Silk Blue Golf Sportwagen TDI
Just saw weather channel this morning and that stupid Tropical Storm (Hurricane wannabe) Ernesto projected path is right up the east coast after Florida. I still don't know if I can make it-all depends if I have to work Monday- if I do, i would leave Fri. night after work,& arrive Sat.morning.

Leo819

Veteran Member
TDI
Thomas C2 School Bus

eluwak

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 Jetta 5sp Pkg 2 Black/Anthracite
We'll try not to bring him with us... My wife said hurricane or not we're going...

jettafock

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Jetta GLS TDI auto, platinum gray, ESP
Well the latest is that Ernesto is braking up and should head out to the Atlantic before it even reaches PA. WOOOHOOOO!!!!

Charm

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 GLS leather sunroof
yea, I still havent heard of the "rain contingency plan"
We should have some kind of event tent (they are not much money and can go on concrete, been to plenty of rave parties in the past with these)
I am guessing 1000 or more people are coming, if we dont state something solid I fear alot of the local members (sub 2 hour drive) from MD, and PA will not come.
I booked a hotel room and this will be my vacation for this part of the year so I will be there, I just wont be too suprised if other baltimorians who are making a day trip just dont come up.

I also hope that our meager registration fee had 5$ reserved for this kind of thing, because it will look rediculous if we say we cant get tents because there are no funds.

Lets just all hope this is typical mid-atlantic weather predictions which are usually wrong 35% of the time!

dieselrox

Veteran Member
TDI
2006.5 Jetta TDI, Pkg 2
At least some of us are coming regardless of the weather (I'm about a 4 hour drive away). Wouldn't miss this even if it's pouring down rain. My son and I will be out the door tomorrow about 9am and try to get out of the DC area before the gotta-get-outta-town-at-noon crowd makes a mess of the beltway and I-95.

Anyone know how to mod a Jetta for oars? :D

By the way, my '04 Jetta has been improved some since the photos in my sig:

-Monster Mats
-Weathertech trunk liner
-Garmin Streetpilot 2730 GPS w/XM (replaced the old XM SkyFi).
-Three layers of Zaino, touched up with Z-8.
-Custom bra from carbras.com

The Streepilot/XM is directly connected to the radio CD input using an AUX adapter. If anyone wants to know how to do this, I'm a certified electronics technician and would be happy to show how and where the connections are made.

Last edited:

Charm

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 GLS leather sunroof
I will definatly be there, I would just like to hear a plan for how some things will change if it pours the whole weekend.

I will definatly be there. And I say we autocross, rain or shine!

I am interested in your aux mod. I know I have seen a retail solution for this though, it converts the 6disc input to RCA input.

I own a phatbox which I never used, a demo by another member recently showed me that it was pretty intuiative.