Hood release cable retaining clips

SandyTwose

TDI
2005 Golf BEW
Would anyone here know where to find the plastic cable retaining clips that tie the hood release cable to the drivers side edge of the engine bay.
There are 2 of them and while replacing the release cable the side of the clip that snaps onto the cable just broke off when I tried to remove them to place them on the new cable.
Not too surprising as they as 17 years old and brittle.
I have done a quick look at the usual suppliers with no luck ... if someone might have a VW OEM part # that would help.
Thanks...

2003VW

TDI
2003 Jetta
Not exactly sure what you need. But I had a need for the clip that holds the cable onto the release. Was able to find a small pin, drilled a hole in the end for a cotter pin. Has worked great ever since.

SandyTwose

TDI
2005 Golf BEW
Not exactly sure what you need. But I had a need for the clip that holds the cable onto the release. Was able to find a small pin, drilled a hole in the end for a cotter pin. Has worked great ever since.
I am looking for the 2 small plastic clips that hold the cable against the top of the drivers side fender.
If you open the hood and stand on the drivers side and look into the engine compartment you can see the release cable running along the top of the fender .
The cable runs from the firewall ... along the top of the fender to the Battery box where it turns towards the lock carrier.
The two small black plastic clips retain the cable where it runs along the top of the fender...