Honda minivan features

BadMonKey

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Focus ST
LOL; why in the hell would someone want that feature? Whats next.......... a built-in espresso machine and bagel toaster:rolleyes:

Last edited:

supton

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'04 Jetta Wagon GLS
Well, definately times I wouldn't mind it. Like when I wanted to clean the car. Shop vac is a bit unwieldy.

That said, I doubt the unit would rival a shop vac, and would only be good for cleaning up Cheerios. Which is the one thing our dog is good at. ;)

EJS

Veteran Member
TDI
2009 Jetta
LOL; why in the hell would someone want that feature? Whats next.......... a built-in espresso machine and bagel toaster:rolleyes:
Have you seen the stats on the avg 'merican tudball? They never stop shoveling stuff into their pie holes. :D

DPM

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2019 Rav4 AWD Hybrid, Citroen C4 BlueHDI
I'm surprised this is the first, tbh. I'd have expected this ten or fifteen years back on a JDM vehicle somehow...

PlaneCrazy

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Gone...
Linky no worky.

We have a Honda minivan. We're about to send it to the junkyard. It's a 1st generation Odyssey, you know, the one that everyone laughed at, with the "underpowered" 150 hp engine (well, it IS undertorqued but I digress).

The damned thing just won't die. It still runs like a Swiss watch, 15 years and nearly 300,000 km later. The only reason to junk it, is advanced rust in some strategic locations that now make it unsafe to drive (my son tried to jack it after getting a flat and the jack punched through the body at the jack point). My youngest son was only 3 years old when we got it. Now he's 18 and in college :D

It's been on countless family vacations, it's hauled stuff from the lumberyard for various projects, ferried soccer teams, taken us skiing and cycling, and it's taught our kids to drive. I plan to give it a proper Requiem Mass when we finally haul it off :D

It may not have been sexy but in terms of bang for our buck in a family vehicle, it was hands-down the best car we've ever owned.

EJS

Veteran Member
TDI
2009 Jetta
........... The only reason to junk it, is advanced rust in some strategic locations that now make it unsafe to drive (my son tried to jack it after getting a flat and the jack punched through the body at the jack point). My youngest son was only 3 years old when we got it. Now he's 18 and in college :D
:D Man, you always have the best stories............got a vision of being on the side of the road, jack punches thorough & standing there thinking "okay....now what the hell am I going to do?" :D

PlaneCrazy

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Gone...
:D Man, you always have the best stories............got a vision of being on the side of the road, jack punches thorough & standing there thinking "okay....now what the hell am I going to do?" :D
In the event, "what to do" was "call dad and ask him what to do"... :p

Fortunately there was a garage just a half a block away.

Ted Hurst

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 GSW
I doubt anybody would use it. Most people I know are too lazy to vacuum in the first place.

BadMonKey

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Focus ST
I doubt anybody would use it. Most people I know are too lazy to vacuum in the first place.
LoL:D My thoughts exactly; most families that tried to put me in their minivan i refused as it looked like a snack machine blew up in the back. I still scorn my friends that believe they need a minivan because they have 2 kids and a dog:rolleyes: I don't get it? Then again I paid the dealer extra to have the TV's removed from the headrests of my newest vehicle as i refuse to let the media raise my children.

Pat Dolan

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 A4 Variant, 2015 Q7
Our eldest daughter, who is a hard core motorhead, scientist and mother hasn't shut up about that since it first hit the interweb. Our Son-in-law, a rather level headed infantry officer/firefighter/paramedic/non carguy suggested that he will just buy her a dustbuster for her Passat wagon and end up with a far better result.

I can't believe how strongly people reacted to this, I have to say brilliant marketing ploy by Honda.