Ho5G Post-Fest Fest

JettaJake

Veteran Member
TDI
'03 GLS 5spd
What a crew! Only ~15 hours before the garages are dripping with elbow grease :D

I have pp520s to put into Jake (which points me to RC3) and have been just too laid back to acquire a boost gage for him....anyone have a decent extra one they might like to supply?

Hope to have a consult with the suspension experts, too.

Should be sunny and topping 70degF by noon.

Bringing cookies unless I hear different here.

MikeS_18

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'03 Jetta Wagon, '13 Passat SE, '64 Ford Econoline
Anybody attending with Koni Reds? I would like to try these in addition to Peter's FSDs.

DeeBee

Veteran Member
TDI
Ex 99.5 Golf (Blue), Ex 96 Passats (Blue & Grey), Ex 97 Passat(Green)
GORDON.... you're ALIVE :eek::eek::eek:
Will you grace us with your presence oh great GORDON :D

GCMarx said:
Aww...so much love from DeeBee, Chill, and Big B (and Iggy via email) warms my heart! I'll be along, but later in the day, probably around 1ish.

emile

Veteran Member
TDI
2005 Golf GLS TDI 5-Speed, Reflex Silver
this is a regular post-fest fest post fest!

i'll be bringing some very strange looking heirloom tomatoes from a local organic farm.

meganuke

TDIClub Contributor, Vendor
TDI
2010 Ford Fusion Hybrid
Turkeys are apparently scarce since we're nowhere near Thanksgiving...so we got 4 chickens instead. I hope we don't deep fry Iggy by mistake...

BeetleGo

TDIClub Enthusiast, Pre-Forum Veteran Member
TDI
5-door, 5-speed Golf GLS replaced BeetleGo.
Food:
Hamburgers & Buns - Deebee
2 Turkeys - Meganuke, Skid Plate Master
Steak Tips - BigbTDI45
Chicken - BigbTDI45
Snacks, Oreos, Pretzels, Tostitoes & salsa - Varkias, Vindiesel6

Taco Salad - ?
Broccoli Salad - ?
2400 ears of corn - Brian CT (Julie, got a bonfire and a cannibal pot?)
Butter - BrianCT
Salt - ?
Roasted Veggies - BeetleGo, DONE
Watermelon - ?
Condiments (never use them myself...) - Relish, mustard, ketchup. (J.R.)
Cookies/H-brownies - Chills, Julie
Desserts - ?

Beverages:
Soda, Diet Soda, other special requests - cevans
Beer - all
Hard Liquor - byob
Mixers - B-I-Wagon

Disposable Goods:
Plates - ?
Cups (170 9 oz.) - Jessica Rabbit
Napkins (enough) - Jessica Rabbit
Forks (96) - Jessica Rabbit
Straws (enough) - Jessica Rabbit
Paper Towels - B-I-Wagon
Garbage Bags - Vindiesel6
Cooking Oil - ? (M-Nuke, what do you need?)
Backup Propane Tank - MikeS

MikeS_18

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'03 Jetta Wagon, '13 Passat SE, '64 Ford Econoline
argh...i am moving today and trying to finish to get there. Probably not til late ths afternoon. dag nab it!

chrisfiat

Veteran Member
TDI
97 jetta
I showed up as early as possible today in the hopes of getting chipped and yes I cought Jeff right off the bat, and managed to even make it work on thim, thanks to the RC. Jeff Thanks for your excelent work and the fixing of a couple of the small problems and your patience you do a great job it is easy to tell that you do it for more than just a living, and that makes the difference.

chrisfiat

Veteran Member
TDI
97 jetta
To the hosts of Ho5G thanks you have a great plaace for this and while i didn't get to spend much time with the crowd the people i met and talked to were well great if not just a littole different in a good way. I look forward to seeing you all again. Rocket chip Rocks, like my 5 year old daughter says " Dad slow down you are going to win an other ticket".

burpod

teh stallionz!!1
TDI
82 rabbit vnt ahu, 98 jetta vnt ahu, 05 parts car, 88 scirocco.. :/
i had a fun time. too bad i didn't have enough time to really hang out for as long as i had hoped, meet everyone, and get more stuff done too. man that oem hitch is a sturdy piece of work! wow! i love it. so at least i got that done and one more mod to cross off my list. really easy to install - the hardest part i think was taking off my splash guards! i'll meet everyone else eventually down the line... i'll be back!

bilzer

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta, 2000, silver
Thanks for a great GTG

It was nice to see all of you and Peter graciously helped me change out a much needed leaking intercooler. It is certainly awesome to work in a garage and actually have all the right tools to do the job.
The food was absolutely wonderful and the people awesome as always!

Bill & Donna:)

Phoenix42

Veteran Member
TDI
'08 Mazda3 Hatch
Things were stilll going strong when I left about two hours ago.
Crazy!
Peter & Julie, thanks for throwing another fine GTG!

GCMarx

Veteran Member
TDI
Shoes, the bus, the T
Finally made it home...stayed on 495 longer than anticipated, ended up out by Phoenix. Don't ask.

Wonderful to see everyone, as usual. Thanks so much to Peter and Julie for hosting us, and Brad and Chill for helping me get my lights adjusted.

TDI-kid410

TDI
1999.5 Jetta
WOW...my first gtg and i had a blast, we finally got the beetle runnin strong thanks to jeff, we finished about 1:00AM, peter said thats the longest its ever lasted at his house. anyways love the car, just hope to get those faulty 520 nozzles fixed soon. Thanks peter and julie, i loved it and i learned so much. u can expect to see me next year hopefully with a car that has no damn problems! and i will be at Dyno day. (hopefully)

thanks again Jeff, would have been screwed without you.

-Donny-

david_594

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2000 Jetta GLS Silver
It was fun. Thanks everyone. Just got home(in springfield) and it was a rough ride, but I made it safely.

Peter and julie, enjoy the seats. Got a late start on them but defenitely didnt not want to push that project off to a later date. We can clean up the rest of that rats nest next time around.

Deebee.... GTG's wont be the same without ya. But Im sure we will take plently of pictures for ya ;).

hddon

TDI
1996 Passat TDI Sedan color Gray
Great fun at Peter and Julie place !

Petter & Julie,

This was my first gathering, and it was just great...Thanks so much for the great day....My son loves his evil Beetle now...It screams now !

Jim, Peter,Chill....Thanks for your help throughout the day

Jeff....couldn't have been happeer with your help getting the problemS resolved....

Best Regards to all,
Don

meganuke

TDIClub Contributor, Vendor
TDI
2010 Ford Fusion Hybrid
Another great GTG. Many thanks to our hosts, Jeff from Rocketchip and everyone that showed.

Special thanks to Corey for making the required blood sacrifice to appease my car's appetite.

fase2000TDI

Vendor
TDI
2003 Jettawagon TDI; 2015 GSW 6MT
wow! great gtg. Julie, wow, next time pass the broom. You keep that house cleaner than an operating room! Peter I hope you enjoy those heated seets, I don't think I've ever seen such a classy a4 with so many great options!

chill - Hope you get some rest & a day without much sugar.

david - since I brough a chick to a gtg, will not not kick me from chat anymore?

n1das - always good to see you... why did you de-sticker your golf? tell me you at least have them somewhere, I'd like to put them on my car :eek:

deebee, http://www.kenya-travel-safari.com/gifs/map-of-kenya.gif you jerk! I see no DeeBee town ;)

finally.. phoenix 42... well, I don't know how to take you. Hope you had a safe trip home :)

Jetter_Sprinta

Veteran Member - TDIClub Contributor
TDI
2 Peeps sharing 1 UseYerName//an array of cars
Thanks, P&J! Another success!

For all of you who don't know where the House of 5 Garages is, why don't you look at your map? Just follow the Hamster!!

Amazing... verikas' map has a Hamster over the Ho5Gs. There must be some kind of devine intervention. I wonder if there is a beer over Phoenix's house?!

If following the Hamster doesn't work for you, follow all the TDIs.

We had a brand newbie with a B4 that he pulled into the "oldie, but best" lot in back--

As you all know, Jon recently lost his beautiful B4V, so we pt him to work in the A3/B4 lot.

We are sad to see our friend DeeBee head off to Zamunda to begin his reign. We sent him off in the best way we knew how--

Corey is excited by this development, because he thinks that he can now sit in his chair and threaten people that he is going to peel them and eat them like a chicken... either that, or Gordon is back there somewhere.

DeeBee's loyal fans--

We are going to miss you, DeeBee. And stop picking out which of our cars you want when you come back!! :eek:

Last edited:

tablesturn

TDI
'96 passat
thanks!

a note from the B4 newbie in JetterSprinta's pics-

First thing I did after breakfast this morning? Took apart all of my malfunctioning exterior door handles and re-set the pins.... Thanks Jonathan!

I had a nice time and really learned a lot. You are a generous and fun group. Special thanks also to Julie & Peter for hosting, Peter for the parts, Brian for the filter tutorial, Chris & Scott for the welcome and much more and to MrChill for pointing me in the direction of East Hampster.

See you around :D

-Drew