HO5G GTG with Rocketchip August

PeterV

TDIClub Enthusiast, HO5G Doyen & Zen Master
TDI
2000 Jetta 5 sp.
:eek:OK here it is all. 8-21-2010..
Save your $$$ and bring it to the GTG for a tune.
We have Jeff here for you to have a chance to get TDI performance.
Keep watch on this first post for info.
PeterV & Hamsterdiesel
EDIT 8/1
I noticed that Mr. V didn't tell you all the significance of this date (other than Rocketchip's appearance which is significant in itself)...
It seems that Mr. V will be turning 65 :eek: the very next day.:eek:
Therefore, I am calling this GTG the 'Medicare' GTG, since he now has his card and will be fully eligible for any Geritol, Depends, wheelchairs, walkers etc... that may find their way here...:D
- Hamsterdiesel
EDIT 8/2
Regarding GTG hours - The GTG starts at 9am and ends at 11pm. Garage doors close with Fishey back inside at 11:01pm. Tuning hours are set by Jeff. If you are still here at 11:02, it better be because of Jeff!
We love to have you guys around all day long, but remember now that Peter's a senior citizen, we need to get him to bed at a reasonable hour...:eek:
- Hamsterdiesel

HO5G rules apply remember if you feel the need to fill the towns coffers with your hard earned cash do so at your own risk. The chief of police lives 3 doors up from the HO5G he will be glad to accept your contributions. Test your tunes elsewhere!
#1 – ALL newbies:
By newbies I mean all of you that we don’t know. Just because you’ve been here doesn’t necessarily mean we know you! You'll be required to ‘check in’ with us and get a name tag. This is our home and we would like to know who’s here!

#2 – Food: It's not fair to expect the same people to provide the bulk of the food! Check the food list and plan to bring something to share. It's standard 'pot luck' format so if you don't see something on the list - it's not coming!:eek: In other words, you might go hungry or thirsty...

#3 – Work
Garage space as always is first come, first served. Big jobs need to be cleared by us first. As always – NO timing belts unless done by a pre-approved (i.e. mrchill, HermTDI, Jolly Green Giant) club member. Those arrangements MUST be made in advance with us & the person doing the work.
Bring the TOOLS and FLUIDS that you'll need for the job! We have a brake bleeder and oil extractor available. Bring containers for your fluids! We have a relatively shallow well for water and fluid spills are unacceptable.
ALL WORK IS TO BE COMPLETED BY 11:00 pm!
A word about chip tuning – If your car is not in near perfect running condition (i.e. – has no fault codes, is not exhibiting limp mode or other bizarre behavior) don’t necessarily plan on getting a chip! Chipping significantly changes the way your car runs. Cars generally must be healthy first before turning them into performance machines. Again, this is at Rocketchip’s discretion.)

Vendors please note: We have had to institute this requirement “ALL vendors by personal invitation only.”

Friends, this is our HOME. We enjoy opening our home and garages to you. All we ask for is a little courtesy and respect in return.

PeterV & Hamsterdiesel

Last edited:

SnowCub

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 S350 BlueTec
I wonder what I will need to replace by that time... R&R of the starter might be next.

IndigoBlueWagon

TDIClub Enthusiast, Principal IDParts, Vendor , w/
TDI
'97 Passat, '99.5 Golf, '02 Jetta Wagon, '15 GSW
I'm supposed to go to LA the 20th. Maybe this is reason enough to postpone until Monday.

tdidieselbobny

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'03 Galactic Blue Jetta TDI, '15 Silk Blue Golf Sportwagen TDI
We'll see how the old rustbucket holds up-still need to do the coolant flange-the one day I pulled into my garage to look at it-I decided not to that day-too friggin hot,and hasn't let up.......

TheGrove

TDIClub Enthusiast, Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Passat SEL Premium Opera Red - Dieselgate Fix, KermaTDI Tune, 2004 Passat GLS Northern Green-RIP
OK here it is all. 8-21-2010..

Save your $$$ and bring it to the GTG for a tune.

We have Jeff here for you to have a chance to get TDI performance.

Keep watch on this first post for info.

PeterV & Hamsterdiesel
And just in time to road test it on the way to TDIFest '10! Not me as I will be leaving at 6:00 am driving to the west coast for the Fest.:D

IXLR8

Veteran Member
TDI
12 Passat Platinum Gray, 02 Golf Black, 01 Jetta Black
I'm there... do I upgrade the 02 Golf from RC2 to RC3+... or do take the 01 Jetta from stock to RC3+????

Willywalderbeast

TDI
98 jetta
Im in

New guy here.... Keith (meganuke) told me about this gtg and im very excited to come check it out... Going to have keith help me with some maintenance work within the upcoming weeks and get the car in top shape for RC....

Lug_Nut

TDIClub Enthusiast, Pre-Forum Veteran Member
TDI
idi: 1988 Bolens DGT1700H, the other oil burner: 1967 Saab Sonett II two stroke
....Not me as I will be leaving at 6:00 am driving to the west coast for the Fest.:D
This is planned for the 21st, not the 28th. How many stops are you making along the way?
I mean...I'M not leaving for Portland until the 30th...

hobojoker

Veteran Member
TDI
Mk1 Rabbit, Mk4 Golf TDI (partout!), MK6 Golf TDI, MK2 Scirocco -> TDI,
Is Jeff tuning the 2010s yet? Or maybe he could chime in if he has any plan on it.

Where's the GTG?

TheGrove

TDIClub Enthusiast, Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Passat SEL Premium Opera Red - Dieselgate Fix, KermaTDI Tune, 2004 Passat GLS Northern Green-RIP
This is planned for the 21st, not the 28th. How many stops are you making along the way?
I mean...I'M not leaving for Portland until the 30th...
Actually 7 stops.

We are going to visit family while out there. So I'm leaving the 21st and driving to Las Vegas where I'll pick up my mom and sister at the airport before going to visit my mom's sister in Kingman AZ. We'll then take the next 1 1/2 weeks to visit her and other relatives in California before ending up in Portland where mom and sis will fly back. The trip back is only planned for 4 days.

rocketeer928

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta GLS TDI 5-speed
I want to be there. I'll be coming home from the Maine shore that day with a car or truck full of vacation stuff. This will be the second Ho5G that I miss this year.:(

Last edited:

BeetleGo

TDIClub Enthusiast, Pre-Forum Veteran Member
TDI
5-door, 5-speed Golf GLS replaced BeetleGo.
I'll be there. It will be great to see everybody. Do we need any "Hello, my name is" stickers?

supersloth

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Jetta TDI; 2004 Jetta Wagon TDI
i'm totally coming to this one. keith told me to go to the last one but i couldn't make it, now after talking to the idparts crew when i stopped by their pad in duxberry, ma i'm convinced this one is a necessity...

so besides hopefully getting chipped by jeff i'm looking to extend the range of my fob by installing a longer antenna. has anyone done that who might help out and has the tools for the job? not sure if it's better to remove the wire from the harness and install a new one or cut and splice... i'm open to suggestions.

looking forward to it!