Ho5G GTG First of the year 2020 (will this be the last one?)

Lug_Nut

TDIClub Enthusiast, Pre-Forum Veteran Member
TDI
idi: 1988 Bolens DGT1700H, the other oil burner: 1967 Saab Sonett II two stroke
An apology to PV&J: I regret that I have decided, in the best interest of all, that I would not be in attendance, even if you did choose to have a 2021 New Year's event.
Skype, Teams, Zoom? That's a different.
Oh, wait! Do they have internets in New Hampster?

Powder Hound

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'00 Golf 4dr White 5sp, '02 Jettachero 5sp, Wife's '03 NB Platinum Gray auto(!)
Yes, in fact they do. I can can verify this even though I am no longer resident there and would be unable to make the trip. They also have a lot of ice, and massive quantities of white stuff they call 'snow' but is really ice with so many tiny air bubbles entrapped that it looks white. Just like that ice your freezer makes.

While I wasn't a regular attendee, I will miss these. I guess going to the beach and watching fireworks (if you are in the right place) will have to make up for it.

Cheers,

PH

Lug_Nut

TDI
Oh, I knew that there was 9600 baud rate dial-up in the DPRCow Hampshire, and that on a clear day one could pick up a decent wireless signal from across the border in Mass, but it's been so long that I wasn't aware if any communication technology higher than tin cans on a string had been permitted.

and Happy First Friday of 2021. (sigh)

IndigoBlueWagon

TDIClub Enthusiast, Principal IDParts, Vendor , w/
TDI
'97 Passat, '99.5 Golf, '02 Jetta Wagon, '15 GSW
Odd not to be planning a trip to NH today. Julie, Peter, and cats, we'll miss you!

Powder Hound

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'00 Golf 4dr White 5sp, '02 Jettachero 5sp, Wife's '03 NB Platinum Gray auto(!)
Oh, I knew that there was ... but it's been so long that I wasn't aware if any communication technology higher than tin cans on a string had been permitted.

and Happy First Friday of 2021. (sigh)
Oh, it's permitted, they just tax the <bleep> out of it and call it a 'fee' or some form of tax that isn't called sales tax. It really is, but if they call it something different, it isn't, right? :p

Cheers,

PH

PeterV

TDIClub Enthusiast, HO5G Doyen & Zen Master
TDI
2000 Jetta 5 sp.
This has been a turbulent year. The Ho5G passed into 2012 in a lonely state. Perhaps when restrictions ease up A summer GTG may be warranted. Time will rule this decision we will see what the summer brings.

tomo366

TDI Lifer, Member #68
TDI
2015 Jetta SEL TDI
Lost My Mom to Covid in May of 2020......our family business had close down 4 locations and layoff over 100 folks.......and although I only ever attended 1 Ho5G but Peter and Julie are my best friends so very sad for this year.......I still have my TDI and also a BMW and A Jeep Diesel so hopefully at some point we can all GTG again......but Age is now a problem

Lug_Nut

TDI
......I still have my TDI and also a BMW and A Jeep Diesel so hopefully at some point we can all GTG again......but Age is now a problem
Yeah, I know what you mean. These 6 and 7 year old cars of ours aren't reliable....:rolleyes:

1854sailor

Resident Curmudgeon
TDI
2015 Golf SE SportWagen, 2015 Golf SE Hatch Back.
Lost My Mom to Covid in May of 2020......our family business had close down 4 locations and layoff over 100 folks.......and although I only ever attended 1 Ho5G but Peter and Julie are my best friends so very sad for this year.......I still have my TDI and also a BMW and A Jeep Diesel so hopefully at some point we can all GTG again......but Age is now a problem
Sorry to hear about your Mom and the Covid implications for the gym businesses. Positive energy coming your way.

Bob S.

Top Post Dawg
TDI
A B4V, some ALHs & BRMs
Tom, Sorry to read of your loss.

tdidieselbobny

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'03 Galactic Blue Jetta TDI, '15 Silk Blue Golf Sportwagen TDI
This coming New Years Day marks the 4th year since a Ho5G GTG has been held, time has sure flown by. Hope all is well with you, Peter and Julie, I truly appreciate the times you opened your home up to us TDI folks, it is missed:(....