Ho5G Food Thread - 1/1/15

Hamsterdiesel

TDIClub Enthusiast , Veteran Member & HO5G CoFound
TDI
1999 Golf IV, Black and now 2015 Reflex Silver Passat SE
Hey guys - food and drink make the GTG go 'round...please post here what you can bring for group enjoyment. Not sayin' you need to feed the army, but enough for you and 6-8 friends would be a fair example.
We are providing the grill, propane and garage heat for working comfort. Also bathroom facilities, speaking of comfort...:p
I can tell you that we are in need of FORKS only in the utensil dept. It seems that the spoons & knives are multiplying behind our back...
We could also use napkins and some plates.
Thanks in advance for your generosity!:cool:

Abacus

That helpful B4 guy
TDI
Only the B4V left
I'll bring the forks, napkins, and plates then. There will be plenty.

I am also all for chipping in a few $$ to Peter and Julie to cover power, water, and other costs (propane, heat, etc). There are hidden costs most people don't take into account that add up substantially. I think a small donation to cover these would be appropriate, but that's just my feelings on the matter. I'll be chipping in something since it's the least I can do to show appreciation for hosting it.

Campbellonh

Veteran Member
TDI
formerly:Passat, 96, white and 10 Jetta, white gold
beer and shrimp, also maybe coffee. I can bring K-cups. Peter and Julie what is your favorite kind, since any leftover would stay with you?

Hamsterdiesel

TDI
beer and shrimp, also maybe coffee. I can bring K-cups. Peter and Julie what is your favorite kind, since any leftover would stay with you?

Actually we mostly do teas and hot chocolate...:eek:

bhtooefr

TDIClub Enthusiast, ToofTek Inventor
TDI
None
I've got a bottle of Brothers Drake Apple Pie mead, I'll put in an order for a case or two of Bruce Cost Ginger Ale, and I'll figure out something else food-wise.

Phoenix42

Veteran Member
TDI
'08 Mazda3 Hatch
@LugNut - If I bring a crock-pot, can you bring it back? I figure you'll be there later then I'll be :)

@Hamsterdiesel - Caira has requested snow, so she can go sledding, can you oblige?

tdidieselbobny

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'03 Galactic Blue Jetta TDI, '15 Silk Blue Golf Sportwagen TDI
Which is better -2 liter bottles or cans of soda? I'll bring a 12 pack of beer,some soda, other little things.I'll do some shopping tomorrow. I'd also chip into a donation jar-other GTG's have them, good idea.

VeeDubTDI

Wanderluster, Traveler, TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
‘18 Tesla Model 3D+, ‘14 Cadillac ELR, ‘13 Fiat 500e
I suppose I can run by Restaurant Depot this afternoon and get some sort of main course like hamburgers and kielbasa or bratwurst. I'll see what I can come up with. :)

Abacus

That helpful B4 guy
TDI
Only the B4V left
Brats have my vote....if there is one.

Oooh, Morse's Sauerkraut is right down the road from me, I'll pick some up in addition to the plates & things. It's some of the best fresh (is there such a thing?) kraut available.

VeeDubTDI

TDI
Brats have my vote....if there is one.

Oooh, Morse's Sauerkraut is right down the road from me, I'll pick some up in addition to the plates & things. It's some of the best fresh (is there such a thing?) kraut available.
Kraut sounds great! I'll pick up food supplies from the grocery store when we get into town. I don't feel like hauling it all the way up the east coast in a cooler. :)

spacemonkeymafia

TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
2013 beetle!
Since I've heard Mike of CT will not be joining us this year, I am planning to fill the void & bring buffalo chicken dip...assuming I can make a decent one today! I will also bring various foodstuffs to assist in the transfer of said dip into mouths. I will bring a crock pot for this, so I'll need to plug in. I'll probably also bring a tub of hummus, for those who may want to eat the crunchy stuff with something a little lighter.

Oh, and of course I'll have a pile of ciders and two bottles of bubblyfunstuff for midnight (or breakfast).

Looking forward to seeing everyone!

GT2

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 mk4 5-spd conversion from automatic.
Polish Kielbasa, cabbage pieroge, after which buying, not making homemade, my car threw a CEL two days before the the HO5g, go figure!

tdidieselbobny

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'03 Galactic Blue Jetta TDI, '15 Silk Blue Golf Sportwagen TDI
Picked up a bag of pretzels/tortilla chips/corn chips/12 pack of Honey Brown,will pick up some Pepsi 12 packs tomorrow.

VeeDubTDI

TDI
Does anyone feel like picking up some good quality buns for hamburgers and brats? I plan on doing about 10 lbs of meat, which is about 30 burgers and probably just as many brats.

Hamsterdiesel

TDI
Picked up a bag of pretzels/tortilla chips/corn chips/12 pack of Honey Brown,will pick up some Pepsi 12 packs tomorrow.
Yes, I was going to say that cans are easier to manage...thanks!:)

cevans

TDIClub Enthusiast, TDI Parts Ninja Vendor , w/Bus
TDI
2015 Beetle Conv. TDI 6-Speed & 2006 E320 CDI
I'll be bringing along a veggie chili along with some scoop tortilla chips. (I"ll pick up disposable bowls too if the HO5G stock is low)

Hamsterdiesel

TDI
I'll be bringing along a veggie chili along with some scoop tortilla chips. (I"ll pick up disposable bowls too if the HO5G stock is low)
Yes please - we have no disposable bowls - Thanks!

Jetter_Sprinta

Veteran Member - TDIClub Contributor
TDI
2 Peeps sharing 1 UseYerName//an array of cars
Can do, I'll pick up about 3-dozen of each. Anything else?
B
I just got back from a wild goose chase to the dealership to pick up a couple parts that ID doesn't carry. Big shock--they didn't get them in--even after I gave them an extra day :rolleyes:
I stopped and picked up Pepperidge Farm:
16 hamburger buns (8 whole wheat/8 white)
12 wheat slider buns
24 top sliced hot dog buns
deli flats if anyone is interested in them
Plus, I will have cheesy corn--both mine and from the KC Jack Stack original for comparo.

Last edited:

Jetter_Sprinta

Veteran Member - TDIClub Contributor
TDI
2 Peeps sharing 1 UseYerName//an array of cars
That pesky missing "T-bolt"! I gave the parts guy my best squinty-I-am-really-pissed look since they were promised for yesterday. Filled up the gas-hog '99 Audi A4 and picked up lots of rolls for tomorrow. Not a total waste trip.