Hitch and Trailer

ctennyson

TDI
2010 Jetta
Hello All,

I am looking to get a hitch installed on my 2010 Jetta, does anyone have any recommendations as to where I can get this installed ? (and how much should this cost me ?)I am in the Oakville area.

Thanks

yatzee

Top Post Dawg
TDI
see sig
you're best off with 1 of the euro hitches due to minimal cutting/drilling to get them installed.

If you don't want to spend, uhaul could put 1 on, but you're running the risk of them butchering the whole thing.

pdq import repair

Veteran Member
TDI
09 Jetta
I bought a Curt brand hitch for my 09 and put it on myself, not hard to do overall. You have to install a taillight converter too, but you can buy them mostly plug and play.
I found my hitch online and it was reasonable in price, $125ish or so. I got the euro style ball which is on a curved insert because I like the looks of it better.

TDIFred

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Jetta Sportwagen, 2009, Graphite
I did the install of the Westfalia hitch myself. Yes, it's pricy, but looks good and it's a Class 3 hitch, got it from PFJones in the UK.

Savageman69

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2012 Highline Touareg TDI
i agree euro hitch is the way to go...if i ever go back to a car it will have a euro hitch....others hang to low and are an eye sore

imo000

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2009 M-B ML320 Diesel & '05 Passat TDI Manual 5-Speed
Are the Euro hitches class 3 for North America or only Europe?