Hit and run on my car

surfbus

Veteran Member
TDI
96 Passat, 03 Jetta
Haven't checked the forum as my car has been running perfectly for the last few years. I had a full injection pump and engine seal restore with my dads help over the years on this red beast of a car. Yesterday I came out of work to a heart-wrenching experience finding my car in this condition. Worst part is I am only on one way insurance so my provider won't help cover the repairs. Be careful when street parking your car downtown folks. :*(

Broken items:
-Driver side mirror
-Left rear door handle
-Left rear corner light
-Body dented

Donations for the above listed items would be kindly appreciated. Spare used parts laying around anyone?

Last edited:

RoseBud68

Veteran Member
TDI
'99 mk3 Jetta 1.9
That will buff right out....J/K, Any camera in the area that my have captured the accident?

Windex

Top Post Dawg
TDI
05 B5V 01E FRF
This is why I have dashcams running 24/7 front and back.

Sorry about the car - hope you are able to source replacement parts economically.

Steve Addy

Top Post Dawg
TDI
97 Mk3
If you're committed to the car I'd just source a used quarter panel and door, sedan doors aren't a big problem to find like the wagon doors.

I suppose it could be repaired but there's a lot of straightening to be done to that quarter and in the end it'll require some plastic anyway.

Good luck!

Steve

surfbus

Veteran Member
TDI
96 Passat, 03 Jetta
If you're committed to the car I'd just source a used quarter panel and door, sedan doors aren't a big problem to find like the wagon doors.

I suppose it could be repaired but there's a lot of straightening to be done to that quarter and in the end it'll require some plastic anyway.

Good luck!

Steve
Yup, still very committed. My daily commute is 25 miles each way. Car runs perfectly, just bit unsightly appearance now.