High mileage CR - post it up!

Elick

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Golf
2010 golf 6mt. 113,000 for me.
Deleted and tuned since about 70,000miles
Rear brakes done. Front still pretty good.
Had to replace cooling fans after the wires to the module burned up.
Other than that nothing but regular maintenance

Debating on buyback or not......

calimustang

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 JSW DSG (buyback, RIP), 2014 JSW TDI, 2015 Passat TDI, 2013 Jetta TDI.
Wow little work on the car for many years. Impressive. should last you another 10 years with maintenance only.

kjclow

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2010 JSW TDI silver and black. 2017 Ram Ecodiesel dark red with brown and beige interior.
2010 golf 6mt. 113,000 for me.
Deleted and tuned since about 70,000miles
Rear brakes done. Front still pretty good.
Had to replace cooling fans after the wires to the module burned up.
Other than that nothing but regular maintenance

Debating on buyback or not......
Wow little work on the car for many years. Impressive. should last you another 10 years with maintenance only.
I'm surpried that he had to do a brake job at that low of miles. espically on a manual. I'm over 120K on my JSW and still have about 60% of the pads from original. Only out of ordinary thing I've had to do was replace the battery twice in 7 years. First time was under warranty.

DubFamily

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 BMW 328D xDrive
Nice. Whats your replacement vehicle?
Looking around right now, but I have lot's of different ideas... My main choices currently are a BMW 535D xDrive or a 328D xDrive.

As you can see above I do a lot of miles, so the diesel fuel economy can't be beat. However, I want an AWD at this point for winter driving, and I'd like to get into a little more comfort since I am old and achy these days... :D

ksing44

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Golf TDI
I'm surprised that he had to do a brake job at that low of miles, especially on a manual. I'm over 120K on my JSW and still have about 60% of the pads from original. Only out of ordinary thing I've had to do was replace the battery twice in 7 years. First time was under warranty.
I'm at 142K miles in my 6-speed manual 2010 Golf TDI and I'm also still on original brakes and I'm on my second battery too. I think I'm almost due for rear brakes, but I might replace them all just to be done with that.

I just replaced the battery the second time, not because it failed but just to be safe this winter. I thought the starts were just a bit sluggish. It wasn't dramatic, but I think it made a difference with the new battery.

The first battery was installed after a no start that I thought was an intercooler icing condition. After a jump start, the car sputtered and ran rough for a minute just like what is described for the intercooler issue. The weather conditions were also classic. I replaced the battery and it never happened again, so who really knows. I was lucky too, it happened in my garage, ha, ha, ha...

My documented issues to date:
  1. bad injector - very early in ownership and replaced under warranty
  2. P0016 Code - crank sensor bad after timing belt change, dealer replaced
  3. P2015 Code - intake manifold flap, repair bracket installed by GDM
  4. P047F Code - Exhaust Pressure Control Valve, R&R for lubrication by GDM

It wasn't an issue except for worry, but I had a CP3 pump installed by GDM. Hopefully I'm good to go with my new super CP3 HPFP!!!

I'm also thinking about getting Bilstein HD shocks. I think I'd like it a bit firmer, even though I don't think anything is actually wrong with my shocks at the moment. I also want to avoid a situation where they say I need shocks for inspection and I can't get the shocks I want when I want.

calimustang

Veteran Member
TDI
Hmm I agree. My original brakes lasted to 234k miles. Rear was like 10 percent pads left and front was like 40 percent left. I would say it could have lasted up to 250k. I am on 3rd battery. Bilstein HD shocks installed at same time I had brake rotors and pads replaced. Love how she drives since day one. She is a lot better than what she used to be as a brand new car. CP3 pump made day and night difference.

I'm surpried that he had to do a brake job at that low of miles. espically on a manual. I'm over 120K on my JSW and still have about 60% of the pads from original. Only out of ordinary thing I've had to do was replace the battery twice in 7 years. First time was under warranty.

TDI Hoo

TDI
2010 Golf TDI (Bought back by VW)
2010 Golf TDI. 158,000 miles. On 2nd replacement battery, original brakes. Had to replace the A/C compressor (thank you Geico mechanical breakdown insurance!). Only other problem was the P2015 Manifold code fixed with the Dieselgeek repair bracket. Oh, and the driver's door lock button went bad. Got one from China on Ebay for $6 delivered.

Turning the car back to VW in early February. Already bought a 2017 Golf Wolfsburg. Got a fantastic deal the last week of December. I am keeping the RNS-510, MDI, cables and 9w2 bluetooth from the TDI for my 2008 R32. Will probably ugrade bluetooth to 9w7 and use Polar BT module to get it to work with the red MFD in the .:R32. TDI has been a great car. But the TSI is faster and quieter. Doesn't handle quite as well as the TDI, and certainly not like the .:R32. And the deal from VW is too good to turn down. Wish I had not bought new Michelin Premier A/S last winter.

ottomatic

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golfwagen SE 6MT
2014 JSW. 28 months of ownership 62,340 mi.
Fuel additive every tank. Lifetime mpg 40.2.
I have driven like I stole it since new.

Mattyoctavia

Veteran Member
TDI
Mk5 golf TDI DSG.
Hi guys, thought id update. I spoke with Rich yesterday, his 2010 touran is still going strong currently on 584,000. Still original hpfp etc. Soon to be a pic as he crosses 600,000 late march/early april.

calimustang

Veteran Member
TDI
WOW!!!!!!!!!! makes me feel better about mine going at almost 243,000 miles.

turbobrick240

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2011 vw golf tdi(gone to greener pastures), 2001 ford f250 powerstroke
Nice. I guess that puts the grumblings about the CR's being made of glass to rest.

Mattyoctavia

Veteran Member
TDI
Mk5 golf TDI DSG.
Its been on the whole a reliable servant to him, Vw failed to spot a failing alternator clutch pulley after mentioning it for 3-4 services to be checked out. The pulley fell off which took out the timing belt and destroyed the engine at 509,000.
Since it rebuild its been great. Just had its second Dpf at 570,000. First was at 250,000.

calimustang

Veteran Member
TDI
Wow! Amazing testament of the reliability of the Common Rail Diesel. :) now I am going i to 247k miles.

meerschm

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2009 Jetta wagon DSG 08/08 205k buyback 1/8/18; replaced with 2017 Golf Wagon 4mo 1.8l CXBB
I only have 200,000 miles on mine. just broken in.

xjay1337

Veteran Member
TDI
Scirocco CR170.
Finishing the rebuild of my CR170 with ported head.

Here is the original head.

I've owned it since 100k, and been running 2.4 bar boost and for around 50k. Lots of track and drag use.

Been ran on Millers 5w40 or 10w50 CFS NT and changed at least every 10k.

20170409_204248 by Fat Bear Photography, on Flickr

Valves, no build up to speak of.

20170409_204300 by Fat Bear Photography, on Flickr

Very happy to see the condition of the original head. These are good solid engines.

calimustang

Veteran Member
TDI
Wow! I had to wipe my eyes to make sure I am not hallucinating LOL impressive I
Pressive to see your engine looking almost brand new. VW did their engineering just right with the motor itself besides ill-famed CP4 fuel pump.

How fast did she do at 0-60 ans drag track?

jason_

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 s wagon dsg
I agree. If these engines were fueled factory with a cp3 and had no garbage bolted after the turbo, it'd be a solid design.....

Sent from my One using Tapatalk

dmarsingill

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Sportwagen Turned in , 2000 Z3 Coupe, 2003 Ford Expedition
And you only get 37 US MPG???? Do you do a lot of city driving?
We only averaged around that on ours, but there was a lot of mixed driving.

Donald

Hope this works. Thanks guys. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mattyoctavia

Veteran Member
TDI
Mk5 golf TDI DSG.
Hi everyone, I spoke to my friend with the Touran yesterday. It went over 600,000 Saturday night. He has sent over a picture, I'll get this posted up tomorrow when I have a little more time. Just been into Vw this morning for 600k service.