Hey - where did everyone in Rochester, NY go ???

tdidieselbobny

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'03 Galactic Blue Jetta TDI, '15 Silk Blue Golf Sportwagen TDI
A GTG would be great, but a little chilly now. Would anybody be up for a meeting @ a restaurant like we did last year? I need to get some work done, but hopefully it can wait till spring.It would be nice to maybe have a monthly/bi-monthly meeting like the people in NE region do( first Friday). Uno's in Henrietta, Old Country Buffet,Red Robin? My wife said she wouldn't mind if I hosted a GTG-I do have 3-car garage, but only can use space of 2 cars. It would be nice to maybe try to get a guru to come & do some work. How about meeting Feb 24th @ a restaurant in Rochester area-around 1-ish? Let's do lunch! Later,Bob

thenewguy

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 TDI Sportwagen, 2000 Jetta GLS TDI
You should all go to Nick Tahou's and get a garbage plate!! Woohoo!!! And some Genny. I am making myself miss Western NY now. :mad:

thenewguy

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 TDI Sportwagen, 2000 Jetta GLS TDI
I don't know....I was just throwing it out there. :) I haven't lived in W. NY for 15 years now, so the only things I still really follow aside from family goings on are the Bills and the Sabres.

Haiku TDI

Veteran Member
TDI
1998 Jetta TDI
I can't imagine that there is anyone else in Rochester, let alone the world that would serve the garbage plate. Nothing like a heartattack on a plate with a side of drive-by shooting to end you late night/morning out.

Is Hungerfords still anywhere around Rochester. They used to be on South Street a few block down from Highland Hospital when i was little. I know that they moved at some point. That is place for huge portions of really good food with less chance of losing your life.

tdidieselbobny

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Haiku, you grew up in WNY? I was thinking same thing about Nick Tahous. It seems like Rochester TDI'ers went into hibernation. Oh well-Buffalo just as bad-didn't see one at all- I drove to Buffalo(auto show), then Orchard Park,West Seneca,Depew,Clarence.

tdidieselbobny

Top Post Dawg
TDI
I doubt a snowmobile will make it through snow that deep(of course I don't own one).Remember, Buffalo area had 7 feet in 2-3 days around Christmas in 2001!

Airedog125

TDI
2000 Golf GLS
I'm westside, Syracuse. (actually Marcellus)

Digging out snow and enjoying my Marty Bergel's 1.5" lift and Nokian Hakkas.

My 4Runner has a bad clutch and a leaky fuel sender, so I'm using my Golf to haul firewood.

Too bad I have no garage (I was supposed to have a 20' x 24' one before the snow fell --f'in contractor :mad:) Maybe in the spring.

If there is a CNY gathering in need some help with a sticky VNT and a dirty intake.

Syracuse is in the middle of the state...that seems like the logical place to meet up.