Hevster1 Grand reopening RE-OPENING NEW LOCATION! Montague NJ!

amstel78

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Golf TDI [buyback completed 14/1/2017] 2006 S65 AMG
I'm sitting in my truck (no Golf in snow) in Manhattan waiting for the wife to get out. I want to make it back to PA before the highways turn to mush.

Sent from my SM-P607T using Tapatalk

amstel78

Veteran Member
TDI
By the way, just wanted to let you know that after you replaced my EGT sensor, I've got full power back. Seems the car was in a semi limp mode before that wasn't readily noticeable, but perhaps my tune wasn't letting it go into full limp? Did you end up buying that special EGT socket?

Sent from my SM-P607T using Tapatalk

Mr. Mk2

TDI
2004 Jetta
Dropped in about a month ago for a Malone tune on my 2004 Jetta. Nice knowledgeable folks. Will return for camshaft replacement when I'm ready.

hevster1

Vendor
TDI
98 NB
Finally a nice day!
I have 2 215/60/16 Pirelli P7 Cinturato's which I have been stuck with. If interested e-mail or call me for a great price.

amstel78

Veteran Member
TDI
Mike, if my body shop doesn't take the car in by Friday, can Jeff still change my timing belt this Saturday if I drop the car and keys off in the morning?

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

hevster1

Vendor
TDI
98 NB
Well, I am in Chicago for Automechinika. So far so good. I met a few vendors with some interesting TDI related products. I will be trying them out in the near future and will let you know if they are worthy.
If you are trying to get in touch, i will be back on Tuesday.

hevster1

Vendor
TDI
98 NB
I keep getting asked pricing for certain things so here are some of the most common. All prices listed are current and will not change until 1/2/16 if at all.

ALH timing belt kit complete with w-pump and oem bolts. Includes cam and crank seals, metal impeller w/p. gates or Conti belt, all INA rollers-NO SKF or GNB or other suspect rollers-and OEM mount bolts. Also includes new pulley bolts, oem roller bolts and nuts. 800.00 Installed
BEW Kit with same features as above
735.00 installed
BRM Kit installed:
675.00 Installed
BHW kit:
750.00 Installed
Common Rail Kit: OEM or Conti belt usually
875.00 Installed
Please note: ALL our kits include new OEM mount bolts, Crank bolts and roller bolts. VW recommends changing them so we do it unlike many shops and dealers. We want happy customers.

We sell Zimmerman Rotors and Akebono Pads if available.

Some T-belt kits are available with a Dayco belt if you want. They are usually 10-15.00 extra
We stock Liqui Moly, Amsoil, Mobil 1 TDT and The oem castrol. We have Pentosin and Motul readily available.
We use OEM, Mann or Mahle filters.

OEM DSG service with oem fluid and filter: 219.95 installed

We sell many different brands of tire at pricing usually better than Tire rack or the other online retailers.

We usually match or beat anyone's pricing on Bilstein, Koni and most other brands.
We do not ship parts UPS. I am not set up for that. You can either come and pick up or have us install what you need.
We do sell and install parts for other Import brands like BMW, M/B, Toyota etc.
No matter what brand of vehicle, we use only the finest parts available.

We do Alignments. We can change tires on up to 32" wheels.

Our shop is full insured and stands behind everything we sell and install for a minimum of 1 year and 12500 miles. In many cases we offer a 3/36 warranty.

Last edited:

hevster1

Vendor
TDI
98 NB
Please do not forget, I am a South bend Clutch Dealer. I will match or beat most pricing on SBC. I also handle the G60/VR6 Sachs clutch and the LUK. I do not sell the Valeo as it is not that strong and is of lower quality in my opinion.

hevster1

Vendor
TDI
98 NB
I am already booking into June. Please note that from Friday, 7/3/15-Sunday, 7/19/15, we will be closed for our annual vacation across the border to Canada. During that period I will only be available a few days a week as internet reception is spotty.

hevster1

Vendor
TDI
98 NB
3rd lift installed this past Thursday. We have been doing a ton of big jobs lately. They are a bit time consuming. If you have been trying to get me my phones are shot. I have new ones which will be up and running by Tuesday.

I want to wish everyone a Healthy, Safe, and Happy Memorial Day.

amstel78

Veteran Member
TDI
Congrats on the new lift Mike. Looks like business is good. :)

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

evantful

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 JSW TDI, 2016 Golf SE TSI
Just wanted to post a really positive review for Mike and M&M Auto.

My girlfriend's 2009 Tiguan (2.0 TSI gasser) had its PCV fail at approx 98,000 miles and in turn caused the Rear Main Seal to fail, resulting in steady oil leak.

I had gone ahead and replaced the PCV myself hoping we dodged a bullet, but the RMS started to seep almost immediately after.

The repair done at a VW dealership would cost from $1100-1300 and the repair uses a bead sealant that can be tricky to do right. It was a job I felt was just beyond my ability for a vehicle we needed back on the road quickly.

Contacted Mike, and he was well aware of the RMS issues with TSI engines and the PCV's involvement. He got us into the shop in about a week and had us out the door about 4 days later (total time in and turn around was a lot fast than we expected).

The work was done perfectly and about 7k miles later not a drop of oil and his pricing was excellent in comparison.

Mike was just a great all around guy to talk to and you can tell he cares.

dan30thz28

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Jetta GLS TDI 5-speed Manual 2013 VW Sportwagen TDI 6-Speed Manual
Mike is an awesome Mechanic and really knows his stuff. I contacted him 3-4 months before I was going to get the work done. We emailed back and forth many times to discuss options with the tune and the 5th gear swap. We dropped off the car before we drove out to Amarillo TX, and he had the car ready when we returned as promised. He was doing major work on the car (timing belt, clutch, injectors, 5th gear swap, and a stage 2 tune) and he stayed open late just so I could pick up the car. Highly recommend!

AlanTDI

Veteran Member
Long Island NY, relocating to Louisiana next week
TDI
1996 Passat wagonTDI, 02 jetta sedan, on the dark side 2017 Rav4
Long Island TDI'er

Hello:
I bring my TDI's to Mike's shop from Nassau county, if I need to leave car Mike will drop you off or pick you up at the Port Jervis Metro North/NJT station take to Penn Station NY, since I have a monthly LIRR ticket its a piece of cake
Does excellent work at good prices, stands behind his work. All his techs are excellent
Just had, turbo actuator installed for my 2002 that sat for a year. He had to take the turbo apart to clean to vanes, had bushings installed, new rack,
rear suspension and brakes.
Mike is super knowledgeable and you will get the job done correctly, unlike dealers or non-TDI mechanics on Long Island.
Thank you Mike.
Alan

bagmite

TDI
2011 Jetta TDI
Mike and his staff did my 80,000 service plus DSG service today. No problems and they explain anything you want to know about the car, all at a reasonable price. Will be going back for the Timing Belt job at 120,000 and anything else in between. Can't imagine why you would go anywhere else if you have a TDI or any VW.

hevster1

Vendor
TDI
98 NB
If you are contemplating a snow tire purchase, now is the time. I have numerous brands available including Nokians, Blizzaks, X-Ice and Nitto NTSN2 among others.