Hevster1 Grand reopening RE-OPENING NEW LOCATION! Montague NJ!

hevster1

Vendor
TDI
98 NB
I noticed in the latest copy of "Our Town", Sussex Co. edition... you have coupons.... can I save it for next year... for when I probably need to do a timing belt change? :D
I have some running coupons there. I do change them around from time to time but I usually run this one through summer.

hevster1

Vendor
TDI
98 NB
Just to reiterate, I am on Vacation from 8/1 to 8/18. Anyone needing work should book now for late August as I am nearly booked for when I get back.

NickBeek

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Passat TDI 2006 Dodge Ram
BTW all, Pirelli has introduced a Cinturato P7 All Season + which has a 70k warranty. I have done 2 sets so far and my initial impression is quite favorable. They seem to grip a bit better than the Michelin Defender and are about 25-30 bucks less. The ride is good too. It is something to consider when tires are needed.
I got a set of these tires on my '11 Jetta. They were head and shoulders better than the Hankook tires that came on the car. I noticed they were quieter as soon as I drove away. They had better wet traction and they were wearing very well for 10k miles on them when I traded the car in yesterday.

hevster1

Vendor
TDI
98 NB
I am back. I had no access to e-mail at all this trip as I was in a different area. Anyone who e-mailed or called, be patient and I will get back to you within the next few days.

hevster1

Vendor
TDI
98 NB
Remember, the Koni sale is ending soon. If you get your order in I will honor the sale price even if I cannot install it until after the sale.

p377y7h33f

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta Wagon 5-Speed in Tornado Red
Remember, the Koni sale is ending soon. If you get your order in I will honor the sale price even if I cannot install it until after the sale.
Mike, I'm going with young used R32 springs in the front, and most likely the rear pair from the Shine set with 1" spacers by Metalnerd. already found an unbeatable deal on the FSD's, ask me how much! now i just need some money to fall out of the sky before the sale ends!

hevster1

Vendor
TDI
98 NB
If you have been trying to get in touch, someone played a childish prank. I had about 20 calls on a phantom vehicle for free. I have a general idea who it is but I cannot prove it. I believe it is someone who frequents these pages.
If you need to get me and cannot get through, e-mail or PM me.

hevster1

Vendor
TDI
98 NB
Ok, I am now booked through September into the second week of October. I am already getting inquiries on Snow tires. I spoke to my suppliers and this year I will be offering several brands including Nokian, Gislaved, Bridgestone, Conti, Nitto, General and others. There are at least 10 brands of dedicated snow available including studded and studless. Shop Tire rack, then call me. Don't forget I am a tire rack dealer and I also deal with 4 local warehouses.

silverstick

Veteran Member
TDI
'02 Jetta GLS (160K miles), and '05 Jetta GLS wagon (120K)
My wife is always glad when something goes wrong with one of the cars. She says his shop is the best day-care center in the tristate area.

Music! Toys! People acting out!

(Of course, there's a question about the level of adult supervision.)

Last edited:

dkuster

Veteran Member
TDI
'03 Golf GLS TDI
+1 on this.

Mike, I'll get in touch with you in October and maybe we can get my A/C looked at...

Mike:
Pleasure to meet you and thank for the work done on my 96 Passat.

TDI'ers Mike has an awesome shop and I recommend anyone needing TDI specific work or any work Mike is the man. Good company too.

ymz

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2003 Jetta TDI Wagon, 2003 Jetta TDI Wagon
You could always expand your business to also take in commercial transport vehicles... by adding another room for the kids... sort of a Double-Daycare...

Yuri.

amstel78

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Golf TDI [buyback completed 14/1/2017] 2006 S65 AMG
Mike hasn't done any serious work on my car yet. I've been to his shop at least 4 or 5 times now, usually to pick up a bottle of TopTec 4200 oil and filters. Anyway, was at his shop again last Saturday to pick up some oil and we got to shooting the breeze for a few minutes about cars. Mike also went out of his way to show me how to replace the cabin air filter... easy stuff, but I appreciate the time he takes to talk to his customers. Not many good mechanics out there willing to do that nowadays.

Anyway, will definitely be using Mike for a TB change when the car hits 110k!

P.S. Mike, if you're reading this... that P240? error code about the O2 sensor failure in bank 1; do you have a replacement sensor in stock you could pop in for me?

20IndigoBlue02

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2002 Golf TDI-- deceased
My car broke down right in Mike's lot. I wanted him to check out a noise and it did not start.

Turns out to be AC compressor seized

Sent from my iPhone. There may be horrible grammar and misspelling involved

amstel78

Veteran Member
TDI
My car broke down right in Mike's lot. I wanted him to check out a noise and it did not start.

Turns out to be AC compressor seized

Sent from my iPhone. There may be horrible grammar and misspelling involved
When, today?

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 4

amstel78

Veteran Member
TDI
Mike did you see my post about the oxygen sensor?

amstel78

Veteran Member
TDI
No worries, it was a few posts back in this thread. Just need to know if you have an o2 sensor in stock and how much to install.

hevster1

Vendor
TDI
98 NB
Sorry haven't been on for a while. Super busy. I don't have the O2 in stock but can usually obtain one within a day.

To all:
Best way to get me is by phone 973-293-8588. If you get the machine, leave a message. I will call you back at the end of the day.

Some interesting things lately. Lots of blown engines from breaking oil pans and driving them plus 2 turbo runaways. Burnt pistons on 1.