Herzog Mier vs Dick Hannah VW For Service

whiplash willy

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 4-Door Golf TDI 6MT w/NAV & Sunroof
My DSG is having some issues, and it will likely have to be removed. The two dealer options in my area are Herzog Mier and Dick Hannah VW in Portland. Has anyone had major work done at either of these dealerships, and have any feedback they can give me?

I bought my car at Herzog Mier, and have had some minor work done with them, (updates, recalls,) but nothing major. I want to make sure my Jetta goes to the lesser of two evils for this major warranty work!

Keli_OR

Veteran Member
TDI
'15 black Sportwagen SE, '01 silver Jetta GLS, '00 green Beetle
Flip a coin.
Then be very, very, very careful.

I've had work done at Herzog before I knew about tdiclub.
They didn't ruin anything, but they didn't really fix anything either. And it wasn't cheap.

~Keli

PDX_TDI

TDI
2013 JETTA w/ PREMIUM PKG
My DSG is having some issues, and it will likely have to be removed. The two dealer options in my area are Herzog Mier and Dick Hannah VW in Portland. Has anyone had major work done at either of these dealerships, and have any feedback they can give me?

I bought my car at Herzog Mier, and have had some minor work done with them, (updates, recalls,) but nothing major. I want to make sure my Jetta goes to the lesser of two evils for this major warranty work!

why not take it to Rey Reece VW? I took mine there once and they did a good job....

oldpoopie

Vendor
TDI
2001 golf gl, 2006 jetta, 1981 ALH swapped rabbit pickup, 1998 beetle
Rey Reece is no more..... Purchased by Hannah. I've never been a fan. The dsg in my wife's car was replaced under warranty there just over a year ago. It was a nightmare.

NewTdi

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2003 Bora, Reflex Silver
Rey Reece is no more..... Purchased by Hannah. I've never been a fan. The dsg in my wife's car was replaced under warranty there just over a year ago. It was a nightmare.
What do you suggest?

oldpoopie

Vendor
TDI
2001 golf gl, 2006 jetta, 1981 ALH swapped rabbit pickup, 1998 beetle
What do you suggest?
Unfortunately I've only had that experience with Hannah. We purchased our 06 Jetta from Herzog and were happy, but no experience with the service departments anywhere else.

Keli_OR

Veteran Member
TDI
I can say that my experience with Herzog wasn't a nightmare. But they only replaced a glow plug harness. I just didn't get the best vibe from them. When I asked questions, I was given the run around.

~Keli

Moonlight

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 NB , 2001 Golf GL
At least you didn't have an entire engine replaced @ 25K :) That was at Delon VW in Salem. Believe me, you just had a bad dream vs. a real nightmare ;)

BleachedBora

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
'81 DMC-12, '15 GL350 CDI 275 hp/448 tq - '81 Caddy CJAA, '05 E320 CDI 250hp/450 tq, '23 ID4 AWD Pro S Plus
I've heard Armstrong is the best in the area...still that's not saying much. Don't kill me if they aren't good. Just take your car to FixUm, Double J or the popster. You'll be better off!
-BB

Keli_OR

Veteran Member
TDI
I've heard Armstrong is the best in the area...still that's not saying much. Don't kill me if they aren't good. Just take your car to FixUm, Double J or the popster. You'll be better off!
-BB
Problem is, this is warranty work. Dunno if the any of the above awesome mechanics are certified by VWoA to do it.....
:(

O.C.TDI

Veteran Member
TDI
04 Jetta TDI, 09' JSW TDI, 09' BMW 335d
I have used Armstrong in the past with my car(pre Fixum days), for warranty work on my wife's 09' and our old Passat.

I never had any problems dealing with them.
I will continue to use them for any VW specific warranty issues. Everything else is taken care of by me or Fixum.

Your best bet is to stop by or at least talk to one of the Guru's mentioned and have them guide you.

bhutchins

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta TDiCup, 02Q built Sept 2010
Call Terri at Armstrong VW (503) 722-7835 direct. She's been great to me.

Last edited: