Here's my baby.....2009 TDI

blackbeasst

TDI
2009 purchased 11/13 with 29k on the clock
29k miles by the time i pulled her home. gonna take some time to get used to it but i think in the long run it'll work out better for me.

here are a couple pics.....

and the surprise in the trunk was..............

a quick ebay check shows these things go anywhere from $500-$1000+ :D

blackbeasst

TDI
one thing i can't figure out is the aux jack. do they put these things in there even if they aren't compatible with the head unit installed? i've dug around and read around and saw that you have to push the cd or sat button twice but i can't get it to hook up properly.

any ideas?

also, anything i need to do to keep her up and maintained?

Jayg

Veteran Member
TDI
'12 Jetta 6MT-VW bought back as a lemon
McIntosh, now that's an expensive amp. Good luck with it and welcome!

blackbeasst

TDI
thanks guys. i'll be selling the amp since im not a big fan of stuff like that. that will help clear the tax i gotta pay on it.

i am stumped about something else besides the aux jack and thats the rear door locks. i can't for the life of me figure out whats going on but i can't open either door from the outside. i have to reach in and pull the handle to "open it".

Hyde7278

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Golf GL
thanks guys. i'll be selling the amp since im not a big fan of stuff like that. that will help clear the tax i gotta pay on it.

i am stumped about something else besides the aux jack and thats the rear door locks. i can't for the life of me figure out whats going on but i can't open either door from the outside. i have to reach in and pull the handle to "open it".

The child lock is on. Open door and look near the latch there should be a switch there to turn it off.

Sorry misread your post ignore the above advise

blackbeasst

TDI
The child lock is on. Open door and look near the latch there should be a switch there to turn it off.

Sorry misread your post ignore the above advise
i don't think it is the child lock. i can't open it from the outside. i can open it from the inside. i've tried the lock both ways and it still doesn't open from the outside

JSWTDI09

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2009 JSW TDI (gone but not forgotten)
Does the passenger door (front) unlock properly?
Anyway, if pressing the unlock button twice does not unlock all of the doors, you need to find someone near you with VCDS (or pay a dealer) and scan your car. You need to look at the faults in the rear door control modules. You can't do this with a generic ODBII scanner. Door control modules have been known to fail as does the wiring. You might want to pull back the rubber boots and inspect the wires going between the car and the door. They get bent every time the door opens and closes and they sometimes break or otherwise get damaged.

Have Fun!

Don

P.S. BTW: there are special sub forums for posting pics and special sub forums for discussing certain model year cars (like our Mk5s). This thread probably should have been started in one of those sub forums instead of the TDI101 forum.

blackbeasst

TDI
Does the passenger door (front) unlock properly?
Anyway, if pressing the unlock button twice does not unlock all of the doors, you need to find someone near you with VCDS (or pay a dealer) and scan your car. You need to look at the faults in the rear door control modules. You can't do this with a generic ODBII scanner. Door control modules have been known to fail as does the wiring. You might want to pull back the rubber boots and inspect the wires going between the car and the door. They get bent every time the door opens and closes and they sometimes break or otherwise get damaged.

Have Fun!

Don

P.S. BTW: there are special sub forums for posting pics and special sub forums for discussing certain model year cars (like our Mk5s). This thread probably should have been started in one of those sub forums instead of the TDI101 forum.
yeah front passenger works fine when unlocked. ok i'll check and see about getting it scanned. maybe that will fix the aux problem as well :)

JSWTDI09

Top Post Dawg
TDI
one thing i can't figure out is the aux jack. do they put these things in there even if they aren't compatible with the head unit installed? i've dug around and read around and saw that you have to push the cd or sat button twice but i can't get it to hook up properly.

any ideas?

also, anything i need to do to keep her up and maintained?
Do you have the stock Premium 7 head unit or did they replace it when they installed the big amp? If it is the stock Premium 7 head unit, fixing the AUX input is a simple 30 second fix for anyone with VCDS. This particuler radio has a bad habit of loosing a coding bit whenever the battery dies or is disconnected.

As for other maintenance hints - just one. Always use the right motor oil. Our cars are very picky because the wrong oil can shorten the life of our very expensive exhaust/emissions systems. Never use any oil that is not marked as meeting the VW 507.0 or the MB 229.51 specifications.

Have Fun!

Don

blackbeasst

TDI
Do you have the stock Premium 7 head unit or did they replace it when they installed the big amp? If it is the stock Premium 7 head unit, fixing the AUX input is a simple 30 second fix for anyone with VCDS. This particuler radio has a bad habit of loosing a coding bit whenever the battery dies or is disconnected.

As for other maintenance hints - just one. Always use the right motor oil. Our cars are very picky because the wrong oil can shorten the life of our very expensive exhaust/emissions systems. Never use any oil that is not marked as meeting the VW 507.0 or the MB 229.51 specifications.

Have Fun!

Don
not sure about the radio but it does look stock. i do have manuals for both the "sound system" and "premium sound system". from the looks of of searching it seems dealers can do this......for a cost, or i gotta find someone local that has one of those thingies.

thanks for the heads up on the oil. i saw that in another thread about the oil. and that some dealers aren't aware of it. can our oil be bought at a local B&M like advance or autozone?

JSWTDI09

Top Post Dawg
TDI
not sure about the radio but it does look stock. i do have manuals for both the "sound system" and "premium sound system". from the looks of of searching it seems dealers can do this......for a cost, or i gotta find someone local that has one of those thingies.

thanks for the heads up on the oil. i saw that in another thread about the oil. and that some dealers aren't aware of it. can our oil be bought at a local B&M like advance or autozone?
There is a Vag-Com (VCDS) finder thread here, try this: http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=296841

I'm not sure about Advance or Autozone, but I know that PepBoys carries "Mobil one ESP" which is VW 507.0 approved. This can also be found at most Mercedes dealers. A 507.0 Castrol oil can be bought at VW dealers.

Have Fun!

Don