Here we go again.. looks like my yearly dealer visit coming

Z85rado

TDI
2015 Sportwaged TDI
few small issues... first, sometimes the driver auto down/up doesnt work. No big deal, very minor annoyance. Lately the car does not see the key in the car to start or turn off, sometimes several minutes locking unlocking opening closing the door clutch in clutch out. frustrating esp when you're getting into a hot car and more worrisome if you have kids strapped in the back. My wife took the car to her sisters (800 or so miles round trip) and it was happening then. Yesterday after telling the guys at work not to buy a used range rover without a warranty I get in the car and get an "airbag error" and the airbag light was illuminated orange on the dash for my drive home.

I did buy the extended warranty 6/85 for this exact reason. The car has 66K on it.

I have been underwhelmed with every dealer visit. I am going to Shrewsbury VW in monmouth county NJ but work up in Rahway so i could go anywhere up there if there was one better than another.

I'll be curious what other work they quote me on, rear pads, rotors, and bleed were done.

740GLE

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Passat SEL, 2017 Alltrack SE; BB 2010 Sedan Man; 2012 Passat,
I'd suspect the battery, how old is it?

tacomafitch

TDI
2013 Golf
few small issues... first, sometimes the driver auto down/up doesnt work. No big deal, very minor annoyance. Lately the car does not see the key in the car to start or turn off, sometimes several minutes locking unlocking opening closing the door clutch in clutch out. frustrating esp when you're getting into a hot car and more worrisome if you have kids strapped in the back. My wife took the car to her sisters (800 or so miles round trip) and it was happening then. Yesterday after telling the guys at work not to buy a used range rover without a warranty I get in the car and get an "airbag error" and the airbag light was illuminated orange on the dash for my drive home.

I did buy the extended warranty 6/85 for this exact reason. The car has 66K on it.

I have been underwhelmed with every dealer visit. I am going to Shrewsbury VW in monmouth county NJ but work up in Rahway so i could go anywhere up there if there was one better than another.

I'll be curious what other work they quote me on, rear pads, rotors, and bleed were done.
I sometimes have the same issue with my auto up down and what I found out is if you hold the switch all the way up for about 3-5 seconds it starts working normal.