Here comes the rain

Screamingdeal

TDI
1980 Rabbit td, 2014 Golf Sportwagen tdi, 01 golf tdi
Well it's oregon and I've noticed my golf is wet. I didn't even talk dirty to her I've been searching for seals in a kit but am coming up empty. Doors. Windows and sunroof. Probably going to pull interior and clean and dry it. It stinks, I haven't drove it in a while. If anyone can point me in the right direction I really appreciate it.

Nero Morg

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2014 A6 TDI, 2001 Jetta TDI, 2014 Passat TDI
Sunroof drains, bulkhead connector seals, window seals... Best to keep an eye on it and see where it's leaking.

Mongler98

Top Post Dawg
TDI
98 Jetta TDI AHU 1.9L (944 TDI swap in progress) I moved so now i got nothing but an AHU in a garage on a pallet.
9/10 it's the sunroof drains are clogged or detached. Fairly strait forward repair once you take down the headliner.

Screamingdeal

TDI
9/10 it's the sunroof drains are clogged or detached. Fairly strait forward repair once you take down the headliner.
That was my first guess, I also saw a gap in the door because the seal looks trashed. So it's time to replace em it seems

KrashDH

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2002 Golf
That was my first guess, I also saw a gap in the door because the seal looks trashed. So it's time to replace em it seems
What door is the gap on? If it's the DS front, then it likely just needs an adjustment. It will sag over time and not align properly. If that's the case, I can point you to a tech write up I did on how to adjust without removing the fender. I've never seen a worn seal cause a misalignment issue

Screamingdeal

TDI
What door is the gap on? If it's the DS front, then it likely just needs an adjustment. It will sag over time and not align properly. If that's the case, I can point you to a tech write up I did on how to adjust without removing the fender. I've never seen a worn seal cause a misalignment issue
That would be great. I'll take all the info I can. The gap I saw was DS front, I'll go take some photos in the morning and try to find out where it's leaking. Clear the sunroof drains etc... Thanks

KrashDH

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2002 Golf
That would be great. I'll take all the info I can. The gap I saw was DS front, I'll go take some photos in the morning and try to find out where it's leaking. Clear the sunroof drains etc... Thanks
Here ya go:

csstevej

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2001 golf tdi 4 door auto now a manual, mine, 2000 golf 2 door M/T son's,daughters 98 NB non-TDI 2.0, 2003 TDI NB for next daughter, head repaired and on road,gluten for punishment got another tdi 2001NB,another yellow tdi NB
Ive had the issues of leaks from the hood release cable grommet through the firewall was broken .
Also had the door panel that’s bolted to the door , the seal under the panel and up to about 4” front and back of panel having pieces missing from pulling the panel to fix window carrier and door lock modules , a bead of RTV around the outside of panel fixed that.
And around the ECU I’ve had to reseal that area.

This is for a leak on the drivers side.

On passenger side the door panel and the cover on the air filter under the cowl, if cracked or not installed correctly.

Also as stated the sun roof drains.

Screamingdeal

TDI
Lol, yea, that seal may be preventing sealing
It's properly fooked it seems to me. I still can't find replacements online. I bought this thing with plans to make it a driver, eventually tune and delete etc...I guess I'll start with seals if I can find em and cup holder center console while I'm at it 🤷🏿‍♂️

Dward543

TDI
2006 Jetta TDI
Well it's oregon and I've noticed my golf is wet. I didn't even talk dirty to her I've been searching for seals in a kit but am coming up empty. Doors. Windows and sunroof. Probably going to pull interior and clean and dry it. It stinks, I haven't drove it in a while. If anyone can point me in the right direction I really appreciate it.
I had this issue and it ended up being the drain tube from the sunroof. It had simply slipped off over time. Pulled the headliner down, reattached, and it works great now.

Screamingdeal

TDI
Where could I find a breakdown of all the weather seals for a 4dr golf w/ sunroof? I don't think I need all the seals, but I'm not sure what seals I do need compared to online sellers pictures. TIA

Screamingdeal

TDI
Okay. So I let **** go for too long and now we're wet. I found seals. While cleaning the drain tube from the sunroof to passenger side door, I noticed I couldn't get the trimmer wire to poke out the door drain like the drivers side. I also tried through the door drain and it just went and went. Majority of water seems to be passenger front. How gard are sunroof drains to replace?

csstevej

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2001 golf tdi 4 door auto now a manual, mine, 2000 golf 2 door M/T son's,daughters 98 NB non-TDI 2.0, 2003 TDI NB for next daughter, head repaired and on road,gluten for punishment got another tdi 2001NB,another yellow tdi NB
It’s probably just popped off at the sunroof…… quick thing is you should be able to pull down the pass side ( make sure you remove everything that’s hold it up there ) stick your hand in there and goop it up with rtv……or do it the right way and drop the whole headliner and inspect and reseal all four drains and ne ver have to worry about it again……..

Screamingdeal

TDI
It’s probably just popped off at the sunroof…… quick thing is you should be able to pull down the pass side ( make sure you remove everything that’s hold it up there ) stick your hand in there and goop it up with rtv……or do it the right way and drop the whole headliner and inspect and reseal all four drains and ne ver have to worry about it again……..
Okay. I'll drop the headliner. It's crap anyway. Thanks for the help

Screamingdeal

TDI
Remember there are no stupid questions. Just stupid people. I am stupid. I can not for the life of me get the damn front seats installed. I pulled the interior because of mold and I let the car sit, now I want to drive it but I'm not smart and can't get the front seats back in. What's the trick?

Zak99b5

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta TDI
Slide the rollers in from the back, plug in the connectors, slide it forward to get the nubbin in the hole for the fore/aft adjustment in its hole and screw in the two bolts, and pop the covers back on the tracks (behind the seat).

jmodge

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2001 alh Jetta, RC2 w/.205's 5speed daily summer commuter and 2000 alh Jetta 5spd swap, 2" lift, hitch, stage 3 TDtuning w/.216's winter cruiser, 1996 Tacoma ALh
open the door first

Screamingdeal

TDI
open the door first
Shoot. I knew I forgot something. I had to go through the hatch!

Anyway. I got em in. Back on the road. No headliner no carpet. Really thinking of lifting this thing, but then I couldn't get the seats in without help and I want to lift it bahahahaua I'm an idiot. Probably should get some help