help

Tristan210403

TDI
Mk4 jetta tdi
i installed some gauges to the car and now i lost window power sunroof power my airbag light is on i have no boost or brakes i’m thoroughly stumped

Vince Waldon

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2001 ALH Jetta, 2003 ALH Wagon, 2005 BEW Wagon
What gauges, where, what sensors, where, where did you tap in for power, etc etc etc???

And if you say "boost" as one of the gauges that's a BIG clue as to where at least one of your boost/brake issues lies. :)

Tristan210403

TDI
Mk4 jetta tdi
What gauges, where, what sensors, where, where did you tap in for power, etc etc etc???

And if you say "boost" as one of the gauges that's a BIG clue as to where at least one of your boost/brake issues lies. :)
we installed 3 gauges, voltage boost and oil pressure, we ran all of them to the fusebox on the side of the dash, we didn’t hook up the oil pressure because we need another part but the voltage one worked the boost one never worked because the car hasn’t been making boost it’s like it’s stuck in limp mode again

Vince Waldon

Top Post Dawg
TDI
OK, that helps. The devil will be in the details:

- where did you tap in for boost (pictures would be the quickest way to sort this out)? The ideal answer is that you drilled/tapped a hole in the intake pathway somewhere, since there are no actual boost hoses that you can tap into. Those hoses are ALL vacuum, related to controlling the turbo, the anti-shudder valve, and supplying assist to the brakes.
- which terminal in the fuseblock did you tap into for power?
- did the car stop making boost/lose brakes as soon as you installed the boost gauge, or was the boost/brake issue there before you installed the boost gauge?

Tristan210403

TDI
Mk4 jetta tdi
i totall
OK, that helps. The devil will be in the details:

- where did you tap in for boost (pictures would be the quickest way to sort this out)? The ideal answer is that you drilled/tapped a hole in the intake pathway somewhere, since there are no actual boost hoses that you can tap into. Those hoses are ALL vacuum, related to controlling the turbo, the anti-shudder valve, and supplying assist to the brakes.
- which terminal in the fuseblock did you tap into for power?
- did the car stop making boost/lose brakes as soon as you installed the boost gauge, or was the boost/brake issue there before you installed the boost gauge?
i totally hate to let you down but me and my dad were fooling with it and he accidentally loosened the brake boost line so we put it back on and it runs as good as new. we also figured out all of our wiring, gauges run fine now. in the process of finding a vacuum line to T into for the boost gauge. thank you for your help though!

Vince Waldon

Top Post Dawg
TDI
All good.

One final thing though: you can't tee into any of those lines to hook up your boost gauge. Unlike a gas engine, none of those hoses are boost...they are all vacuum and will simply show you how hard the vacuum pump is working.

If you search a bit you'll find some good threads on a couple different places you can drill into the intake tubing to install a hose fitting for the boost gauge.