HELP with site

Alan Drake

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 DSG
Want to post 2 pictures (jpg) from my computer The icon only allows internet sites.Done multiple searches, no answers,
sooo ??

Mozambiquer

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
2004 VW Touareg V10 TDI, 2012 Audi Q7 V6 TDI, 1998 VW Jetta TDI. 1982 VW Rabbit pickup, 2001 VW Jetta TDI, 2005 VW Passat wagon TDI X3, 2001 VW golf TDI, 1980 VW rabbit pickup,
Its not super easy, which kinda makes me a bit annoyed at times, but it does work. This thread isn't super easy to find either.

Andyinchville1

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta TDI wagon, 5 sp, 226K miles
Yes , its tough to do...

I wonder why it can't be simplified?

Pics on this site seems different than all others.

I'll try reading the link too.

Thanks

Seatman

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2014 Skoda rapid elegance 1.6 cr tdi
For pc if you go to the top of the site it has an add media tab, click the arrow and go down to add media then upload your pics. Then the 11th icon from the left along the top of the reply box is gallery embed, click that then add your media.

For on the phone it's the 3 horizontal lines top left, media then add media, from there you scroll right to the bottom where you have create personal album or add to album but how you get it into the reply from the phone is where I fail as the embed thing doesn't seem to work lol. Not sure if it's just my android phone or what.

Seatman

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2014 Skoda rapid elegance 1.6 cr tdi
Well tried from PC, got into the site someplace (called Jetta) however can not attach to thread,
thanks
You need to create an album first, then you can attach the pic from there. When you hit the media tab, then hit the add media and scroll right to the bottom, there's a tab to create personal album. Do that, create an album and upload your pics. From there you can use the embed media tab in the reply box.

Ariana11

TDI
1.9 Liter
Want to post 2 pictures (jpg) from my computer The icon only allows internet sites.Done multiple searches, no answers,
sooo ??
if you're having trouble uploading jpg files from your computer and the icon only allows internet sites, you could try using a different file format. Thanks for sharing your experience and seeking solutions!

ts888

Veteran Member
TDI
03 ALH

I just did this --

Click "Media" tab at top of page, then click "Add Media" button at upper right. This opens a list. Scroll down to the bottom where you will find "Create Personal Album." Click on this. When the page loads, click on "Upload File, " and upload your picture. IF you want to grab a picture from somewhere else on the interwebs, click "Embed Media."

Once you have a file, give your album a title and description and save it. Now your picture is hosted on this site, and you have an album for future uploads.

To post it, open a new post window. Click on the "Gallery Embed" button at the top of the post between "Insert Image" and "Smilies." On my screen right now, this is a blank space, but there is a button there, trust me. "Gallery Embed" will open your media, and then you can click on a picture to add to your post. For my combo of laptop and browser, this adds the HTML, but I cannot see the picture until I post.

Last edited:

Alan Drake

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 DSG
OK let's see how that works, yes I had "Gallery Embed" at said location.
My TDI is now history what a PITA - can not get a new one. Well gas one is getting 43mpg on highway and 35mpg +/- 2 in city, not bad,
but spoiled with the 42/52+ TDI

Alan Drake

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 DSG
Well I see NO picture however it's in gallery, very poor site - hope it's not costing much. Well anyways TDI now gone so no longer need to
get back to site.