Help with 2014 vw golf 2l tdi oil change interval?

Toz

TDI
2014, 2l, 4motion
Hello fine gentlemen!

I am looking to buy a 2014 vw golf with a 2l tdi engine. I have some concerns with the oil change periods it has.

I am not very good with cars and even less good in cars with english. So bear with me.
The service history says the first "engine oil service" has been done at 30 000km, second at 50k and the first "oil change service" is done at 60k. Someone I know said that this is way too far apart from each oil service so I should stay away from it.

Looking for an advice in that. Risk or reward?

The car has 91000km. I live in Finland so the climate gets below freezing.
More details about the engine:
Diesel, 1968cm3, 110kW, 4 sylinder DRL.

All comments and advices much appreciated. Thank you in advance!

oilhammer

Certified Volkswagen Nut & Vendor
TDI
There are just too many to list....
In Finland, your car may be equipped with a flexible service interval monitor. All ours are fixed at 10k miles, 1 year (although some actually say 372 days...and I think Canada is 16k km instead).

You'd have to check to see what sort of service setup YOUR car has, and that will at least help you decide how it should be serviced. And if it is more convenient and/or easier to do a fixed interval, you can just do that. You may even be able to switch between the two in the Instrument Cluster coding.

Reactions: Toz

Toz

TDI
2014, 2l, 4motion
In Finland, your car may be equipped with a flexible service interval monitor. All ours are fixed at 10k miles, 1 year (although some actually say 372 days...and I think Canada is 16k km instead).

You'd have to check to see what sort of service setup YOUR car has, and that will at least help you decide how it should be serviced. And if it is more convenient and/or easier to do a fixed interval, you can just do that. You may even be able to switch between the two in the Instrument Cluster coding.
Thank you very much. both replies very helpful. So it seems like the oil change has only been done at 20k miles. Do you think this has done any damage yet?

ticaf

Veteran Member
TDI
Stock 2015 Golf SW S Manual TDI
At best 3 oil changes in 6 or 7 years, that's not very good. I'd pass on that one. Plenty of Golf TDIs in Finland to choose from, right?

PS: most likely the engine is fine though. If the price is right, then...

Lightflyer1

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Beetle tdi dsg