Help, trying to remove stubborn injector.

TLH_TDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Jetta Wagon
I have tried a slide hammer and now I’m working with using a piece of tubing with lug nut, washers and a bolt, but this thing won’t come out. Are there any other tricks for removing injectors? With the pull pressure that I have put on this thing I could have lifted the entire front end off the ground. 2002 ALH.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

BobnOH

not-a-mechanic
TDI
New Beetle 2003 manual
Soak it (PB Blaster or better), tap it, repeat every x hours. Otherwise, bigger slide hammer. And be careful. Impact at 90 deg. to the hole is what brings 'em out.

Nero Morg

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2014 A6 TDI, 2001 Jetta TDI, 2014 Passat TDI
When I helped a friend change theirs out on their golf, we literally had the slide hammer rigged to a cherry picker, put enough tension to lift the front end maybe an inch, tires sitll on ground. Then used a crows foot with a very long extension to rotate it back and forth. Eventually they all came out. Cleaned the bores up really well, and put anti seize on the new injector bodys. Just for safe measure.

Mongler98

Top Post Dawg
TDI
98 Jetta TDI AHU 1.9L (944 TDI swap in progress) I moved so now i got nothing but an AHU in a garage on a pallet.
1:1 Acetone and ATF let it soak 1 hour

pb blaster works OK, but does NOT penetrate too deep though corrosion. acetone and ATF will soak though to the bottom given enough time (a few hours or over night.

dont use heat, you will damage things.

F=MA
add more weight to the slide hammer and use it, pressure vs hammering force, lifting up on it does NOTHING, a hammer slide is best. add more mass! and or make it go faster!

BobnOH

not-a-mechanic
TDI
New Beetle 2003 manual
Acetone, toulene and MEK are strong solvents. Be very careful and wash away all residue with a detergent that does not contain bleach.