Help! Trusted mechanic needed within 200 miles of southern Oregon

Tdi5spd

TDI
06 1.9 tdi Jetta, 06 F350 6.0 tdi
Hey all,
Thanks so much for looking.

Can anyone recommend a mechanic within 200 miles of medford oregon that would allow me to supply my own parts and has reasonable labor rates?

I unfortunately just had a terrible experience buying a 06 1.9 tdi 5spd just south of Portland, OR. Seller has been great throughout what is now a lengthy process but basically I paid a shop to do a pre-purchase inspection (including removing the valve cover to check the condition of the cam) before I committed to buying the car. The shop either didn't do the most of the inspection or somehow missed that the transmission fluid had metal fragments in it... among a whole list of other leaks and issues possibly including a clutch and flywheel. After driving the car home and noticing the leak/engine mounts were bad I had my trusted shop check the car out and they did a trans service when they noticed the condition of the gear oil which they then showed me. My shop is not willing to install parts that I supply which is the only way I'm going to be able to afford to fix the car at the moment. At some point maybe in the near future I will likely be looking for a 5spd trans.

Now I'm in dire need of a trustworthy relatively inexpensive mechanic, any help would be greatly appreciated!

wildn

TDI
2002 Jetta TDI wagon 5spd! 2011 Jetta JSW TDI DSG
try messaging Matt-98AHU , he's in your neck of the woods. Or check out the trusted TDI mechanic link

DonL

Veteran Member
TDI
2005 Jetta TDI wagon (BEW)
Fixum Haus on Lombard in Portland. I drove up there for the 200,000 timing belt change. I did my last one in Las Vegas. I will probably drive to Portland for the 400,000 mile one, if the car and I live long enough.