Help PP520's

01tdiJEtt

TDI
2001 Jetta TDI
I just recieved PP520's on friday and am very excited to have them installed on my car! :D
I read the how-to but frankly makes me very nervous in fears of something with fueling going wrong, i have done all work on my car to date ie springs,race pipe, strut bar and cosmetic things should i be taking the risk in doing this install or is there somewhere i could get to do it for me with minimal fee's?:confused:

steviemac

Veteran Member
TDI
03 Golf TDI
I had Wingnut install mine after finding myself with the same thoughts as yourself. I would suggest that you do it. The how to is very detailed and really explains everything well. I read it and found it intimidating too, but having seen it done, realize that it is a fairly straight forward and easy job to do. You'll find it much easier and less time consuming than swapping your springs...

01tdiJEtt

TDI
2001 Jetta TDI
do i really need to reprogram my ECU like the how to says? just i don't have a VAG-com. i think i do want to take the plunge and try it. anyone else have any advice it would be greatly appreciated!

Doc_Oc

Veteran Member
TDI
03 Golf TDI
Do it!!!
You don't NEED to reprogram the ecu. It's good to play with the IQ value if it smokes bad (which I doubt it will). Even if it smokes, you can still drive it. Too bad for ppl behind:)

P2B

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2002 Jetta, 2003 Jetta, 2003 Jetta Wagon
Installing nozzles is a fairly easy job if you follow the how-to carefully - but I highly recommend using a slide hammer to pull the injectors. They can be stuck in there pretty good after 5+ years and 200K.

Simon

weasel

Deactivated Member Account
TDI
None.
Did my first set a few weeks ago. Just go for it !! Take your time and all will be well.