HELP- NO START

my d sel

TDI
1999 passat waggon gas car 2005 passat tdi 1995 golf tdi
Hi guys i have a 2005 passat tdi i just put a new battery in it turns over good put it does not start i think it locked me out please help thank you MOE

Vince Waldon

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2001 ALH Jetta, 2003 ALH Wagon, 2005 BEW Wagon
If it locked you out it would start fine, run for 5 seconds, and then stop, with a flashing yellow light on the dash.

If this is not what's happening then your issues likely lie elsewhere. Many many things it could be: best and quickest bet is to track down a VW-specific scanner and see what the diagnostics think.

Tom in PT

Veteran Member
TDI
2005 Passat sedan - SOLD; 2013 Passat DSG; both purchased new
Check the usual things, starting with the fuel system, fuel filter clean and completely full and primed, no leaks anywhere. If you have fast crank and compression it should start immediately and run, unless the diagnostic codes are showing some particular fault in the system. When was it last running good? how long ago? what happened in the meantime? Did it sit for months? Just changing a battery should not cause the car not to run. I changed batteries twice in my '05 over 15 years and it never caused an issue with running.

my d sel

TDI
1999 passat waggon gas car 2005 passat tdi 1995 golf tdi
Hallelujah ;) problem solved All i did was disconnect the battery and turn the head lites on and left it over nite AND THE NEXT DAY IT FIRED UP i know not sure what happen ready for my road trip thank u for this post on here Moe