Help needed for the Fest

eschady

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta GL Black w/gray int.
Here is a list of areas where we could use help with the TDIFest planning. If any of these interest you, please contact myself of Jeff (bluenb1).

-Registration/check-in helpers. Probably need a couple of people for both Friday night and Saturday morning to help check in members, give them materials, etc. (Dave P, Mark G)

-A logo design for a t-shirt. Any artistic types out there?

-Judges for the car show competition. (Matt G, Pete)

-People willing to lead technical "how to" sessions. A good portion of Saturday will be dedicated to shop time to work on the TDIs. We would like to have veteran members sign-up to lead sessions such as: timing belt changes, intake cleanings, general maintenance, etc.

-Helpers for the Saturday pig roast. (Jason D, Mark G)

-Helpers to monitor the slow speed skills driving course. Duties include organization, timing participants, etc.

-People to contact vendors about setting up a booth.

-People willing to solicit vendors for donations for the raffle/auction.

-People willing to bring a biodiesel presence to the Fest. Hopefully line up a b20/b100 fueling station. (Marc F)

-Master of Ceremonies at Sunday banquet. (Dave P)

-G-tech/horsepower competition judge/recorder. (Matt M/Pete)

I'll update the list as necessary.

Thanks,
Edward

jasonTDI

TDI GURU Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
20' RAM 3500 CCLB dually HO/Aisan. 2019 Cherokee 2.0T
I will solicite the vendors and local businesses for donations/prizes and run the cookout operation! God I love the smell of a barbeque in the morning!

danix

Veteran Member
TDI
None now. Former: 2011 335d, 2010 Jetta TDI, 2003 Jetta TDI Wagon. 99.5 Jetta TDI, 98 NB TDI, 3 different black 96 Passat TDI wagons.
I am in as a vendor and raffle contributor.

bluenb1

Veteran Member
TDI
New Beetle, 98, Blue
Thank you Danix.
We'll put you down for vendor space and we'll be sure and give you the recognition deserved at "the Fest" for your donation/contribution of raffle item/s.

Please contact me so we can discuss space requirements you might need.

JasonTDI, please get in touch so we can discuss the plan for the vendors area during the "Fest".

Thanks,
Jeff

jasonTDI

TDI GURU Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
20' RAM 3500 CCLB dually HO/Aisan. 2019 Cherokee 2.0T
PM'd you. already on it. Should be a lot of stuff going on next year!

MAW

Veteran Member
TDI
2009 Jetta Sportwagen
Ed, I've e-mailed Jeff about helping out with the planning for the fest. Let me know what else I can start doing.

Mark

mgwerks

Veteran Member
TDI
black 1999 New Beetle
Here is a list of areas where we could use help with the TDIFest planning. If any of these interest you, please contact myself of Jeff (bluenb1).

-Registration/check-in helpers. Probably need a couple of people for both Friday night and Saturday morning to help check in members, give them materials, etc.

-Judges for the car show competition.

-People willing to lead technical "how to" sessions. A good portion of Saturday will be dedicated to shop time to work on the TDIs. We would like to have veteran members sign-up to lead sessions such as: timing belt changes, intake cleanings, general maintenance, etc.

-Helpers for the Saturday grill-out. Duties include grilling, preparing food, etc.

-Helpers to monitor the slow speed skills driving course. Duties include organization, timing participants, etc.

-People willing to bring a biodiesel presence to the Fest. Hopefully line up a b20/b100 fueling station.

Thanks,
Edward
Ed,

I'd be willing to help with checkin/registration, cooking on Saturday, and volunteering to let someone clean my intake!

Mark

ikendu

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Golf Indigo Blue
-People willing to bring a biodiesel presence to the Fest. Hopefully line up a b20/b100 fueling station.
I'd be willing to give a lecture on biodiesel and the basics of making it yourself.

Last year I lectured at the Iowa Renewable Energy Association Expo (in Cedar Rapids) and at the Illinois Energy Fair (in Oregon, IL).

eschady

Veteran Member
TDI
Matt, I don't think there is anything in particular we are going for in the logo. This is Wisconsin, which is very agricultural, we are a car club, the setting is in a small town. Use this as you wish and be creative with a logo.

bluenb1

Veteran Member
TDI
New Beetle, 98, Blue
Any one willing to help out, contact myself or eschady. For those that are already helping out...thank you! We could still use more help! Madass,Badass groups???
Vendors are being booked/scheduled already. Thanks, Jeff

DeafBug

Gone but Never Forgotten: Requiescat In Pace
TDI
2001 NB
I can see a logo that is a shape of Wisconsin with the words TDIClub in it. I also don't like splashy shirts. Something like a polo-type shirt where the logo is above your left nipple.

eschady

Veteran Member
TDI
We are still in need of someone to take ownership of the biodiesel portion of the Fest. If anyone is interested, please contact me.

E

deming

Veteran Member
TDI
(2) 2005 TDI Passat Wagons
Ed,

You may want to contact the professor/head of the engineering dept at Iowa State Univeristy in Ames.

They held a huge Bio-Diesel conference last fall on their campus. I almost drove out from Chicago, because Mercedes and Ford were attending as well as chem engineers from the Bio-Diesel refinery in Ralston, Iowa.

I do not have the proffessor's name or any of the contact information any longer. These would be the folks to contact.

Thanks
Deming

bluenb1

Veteran Member
TDI
New Beetle, 98, Blue
Thank You Robert. We'll put you down and I'm sure once we get WHO is working WHAT, we'll be getting back in touch with you. The volunteers are what's going to make this a sucessful and fun Fest.

eschady

Veteran Member
TDI
Does anyone have experience writing Press Releases? We do not need one yet, but I want to identify someone to take charge of this when the time comes. I'm thinking our target audience is several small market papers from surrounding communities (lake mills, fort atkinson, watertown), try to get the two closest major papers (madison and milwaukee), and also go after some tv coverage (madison).

If anyone has experience and would be interested in helping us out, please contact myself or Jeff.

Thanks,
E

FryAway

TDI
none yet
We are still in need of someone to take ownership of the biodiesel portion of the Fest. If anyone is interested, please contact me.
I would be willing to manage the biodiesel portion of the festival. I started a biodiesel distribution company (FryAway Veggie Fuels), a user-owned co-op (Twin Cities Biodiesel), and am co-authoring a book on everything biodiesel. I can bring biodiesel, support literature, and even a sample reactor.

bluenb1

Veteran Member
TDI
New Beetle, 98, Blue
We're still looking for volunteers. MADASS and BADASS members...anyone willing to help out for say a 4 hour shift/session, please get in touch with Ed or myself.

Thanks, Jeff

mgwerks

Veteran Member
TDI
black 1999 New Beetle

-Registration/check-in helpers. Probably need a couple of people for both Friday night and Saturday morning to help check in members, give them materials, etc.

-Judges for the car show competition.

-Helpers for the Saturday grill-out. Duties include grilling, preparing food, etc.

Thanks,
Edward
Ed,

I'd be willing to help with checkin/registration, cooking on Saturday, and volunteering to let someone clean my intake!

Mark
Ed,

Issues have arisen that prevent us from making the trip. I have aready called and cancelled the room reservations, so I just wanted to let you know that we won't be there and I won't be available to help after all. We'll try and catch the next one, Lord willing!

Thanks!

bluenb1

Veteran Member
TDI
New Beetle, 98, Blue
Anyone have access to some orange pilons (cones)?

We have a shortage and are in need of some orange cones.
Anyone have some and could bring them to the fest? We need about 50. Please contact either Ed or I. Thanks, Jeff