Help needed for cruise control on a new beetle 1.9 TDI ALH

Alarsen3

TDI
New Beetle 1999, 1.9 TDI ALH
Hope someone can help.
A couple of years ago I bought a 1999 1.9 TDI new beetle for my daughter. The cruise control never worked in the car and resent I hooked up the VCDS to test - no response from CC arm on VCDS, but brake and clutch pedal okay. I did activate the CC before I started testing.
I purchased a new CC arm, thinking that was the problem, but it turns out that there is no wire connected to the CC arm.
Just installed wires from CC arm to the black connector, next to the ECU - pin 1,2,3 and 9. No wires on the top part of the connector so I also installed wires in that one in pin 1,2,3 and 9.
Now comes my problem!!! According to the information I can find on the WWW and in my Haynes Manual, I need to connect the wires to car ECU in pin 14, 44,45,46! Pin 14 and 44 is free, but pin 45 and 46 is already installed with wires!!!! What do I do here?? Should I just splice the wires onto the two pins, 45 and 46???
Hope someone have a idea/solution to my problem🙂.
BR
Alex

Tdipwr11

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 ALH Jetta
It's probably the actually stick going into the steering column, but you can try a new brake pedal switch and insure it's installed exactly as per the instructions first

Alarsen3

TDI
New Beetle 1999, 1.9 TDI ALH
Hope someone can help.
A couple of years ago I bought a 1999 1.9 TDI new beetle for my daughter. The cruise control never worked in the car and resent I hooked up the VCDS to test - no response from CC arm on VCDS, but brake and clutch pedal okay. I did activate the CC before I started testing.
I purchased a new CC arm, thinking that was the problem, but it turns out that there is no wire connected to the CC arm.
Just installed wires from CC arm to the black connector, next to the ECU - pin 1,2,3 and 9. No wires on the top part of the connector so I also installed wires in that one in pin 1,2,3 and 9.
Now comes my problem!!! According to the information I can find on the WWW and in my Haynes Manual, I need to connect the wires to car ECU in pin 14, 44,45,46! Pin 14 and 44 is free, but pin 45 and 46 is already installed with wires!!!! What do I do here?? Should I just splice the wires onto the two pins, 45 and 46???
Hope someone have an idea/solution to my problem🙂.
BR
Alex
It's probably the actually stick going into the steering column, but you can try a new brake pedal switch and insure it's installed exactly as per the instructions first
Thanks Tdipwr11.
I suppose I can check the brake pedal switch and clutch switch again with VCDS, but almoste sure they work.
The stick / CC arm / stalker is new and just fitted today and it was here I noticed that there was no wire loom connected to the CC arm / stick. There was a wire loom with the new CC arm and I installed it according to the info I found on the net and double checked it with my Haynes Manual. My problems is that I need to install wires on pin 14,44,45,46 on the ECU, but pin 45 and 46 is already in use. So my question is is it the wrong pins or can I splice the wires going to pin 45 and 46?
Alex

Tdipwr11

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 ALH Jetta
Take it to a shop and tell them to install it haha Sounds like it got to that point with the electrical questions you ask