Help Interpreting Codes

rhinorear

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 JSW
Can someone please put this in layman terms?

Got the signature blinking glow plug light and check engine light is on. Vehicle bucks some. It threw the following codes -

P0299 Turbo under boost
P1005 Cyl 2
P1004 Cyl 1
P1006 Cyl 3
P1007 Cyl 4

I'm pretty sure I'm heading to the dealership but for what is the question. Is this covered under warranty? Diagnosed using OBDeleven. 2014 JSW

Thanks in advance

TDI
2013 JSW TDI
Can someone please put this in layman terms?

Got the signature blinking glow plug light and check engine light is on. Vehicle bucks some. It threw the following codes -

P0299 Turbo under boost
P1005 Cyl 2
P1004 Cyl 1
P1006 Cyl 3
P1007 Cyl 4

I'm pretty sure I'm heading to the dealership but for what is the question. Is this covered under warranty? Diagnosed using OBDeleven. 2014 JSW

Thanks in advance
https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink/to...3&share_fid=6491&share_type=t&link_source=app

Looks like it could be related to injectors. The above link is a thread that has similar/same codes. Seems unlikely that all 4 would go bad at the same time, it might be fuel pump or high pressure fuel rail or high pressure fuel pump related.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

rhinorear

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 JSW
Thanks for the fast reply and link. You might be on to something. The turbo code though might have something to do with a split or hole in a hose. Would injector problems also involve the turbo?

TDI
2013 JSW TDI
Thanks for the fast reply and link. You might be on to something. The turbo code though might have something to do with a split or hole in a hose. Would injector problems also involve the turbo?
It's possible, but I don't think its likely. For all of these codes to have separate failures and to have them all set at the same time, just doesn't seem very likely to me.

My guess is that its all related to the injectors but I've definitely been wrong before.

More fuel means more exhaust, ie: rolling coal. Just my thoughts. When you find out, please post about it. I'm curious for my own wagon. Lol

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

rhinorear

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 JSW
Well it appears all it was was a boost hose popped off from the work done the last time it was at the dealership. They are admitting responsibility so I'm good to go.

I'm going to have to treat van Go to some good fuel additive after how I talked aboot him.

There was a good youtube vid on that exact thing but I got kerpluffled due to the Cyl codes and didn't check the hoses