Help~ I was told by VW they would take care of everything.

highender

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Jetta TDI
Help my friends .

I am a loyal Volkswagon fan, and so was my dad. Our family have bought so many Volkswagons.

So a few months ago, unsure of the Dieselgate scandal , I called VW , and they said and confirmed that our car was in the system, and they would take care of everything. No need to do anything.

Well, I called and posted a month ago, and everyone here tells me that I should have received mail from VW, I did not. They said it was too late to register, but how can I register, if I was not notified ??

I called shortly after posting here, and VW sent me a one page sheet to go to vwcourtsettlement.com, so that I can register . Now they tell me that I am out of luck.

I am upset.

Can someone tell me who I should contact , which division , which address, I should write to , in order to make my case, and ask for the compensation ?

I sold the car because we were upset the car was polluting more than its reputation was.

For the record, I also still own a VW Jetta TDI 2000.

I am upset, what are my options ?

Which address to write to VW of America, to state my case ?

I lost about $5000 in value of my car. Directly due to the dishonest , illegal activities of VW of America.

DanB36

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Q5 Prestige TDI, Monsoon Gray
So you're an Eligible Seller (owned an affected TDI before 9/18/15, and sold it after 9/18/15 but before 6/28/16) and didn't register with the claims portal until after 9/16/16? I think you're almost certainly SOL, and should have done your own due diligence in preserving your rights. However, you'd be much better off asking your lawyers (yes, you have lawyers) at info@vwclasscounsel.com. Maybe they can do something for you--but I'd doubt it.

PacCoastFwy923

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Passat SE TDI 6-speed manual; 2006 mkV Jetta TDI / 5-speed / Pkg 2
Dang, I must be the one getting all your mail because even though I registered on the website pretty close to day one, it seems as if VW sends me another big old envelope every two to three weeks telling me to do stuff I've already done.

Steve Addy

Top Post Dawg
TDI
97 Mk3
You do know the 2000 Jetta tdi has higher emissions than the one you were upset about for cheating...right?

I think you're SOL for not being skeptical of what VW supposedly told you at the beginning, if that's what they actually said. You obviously got the 'we'll take care of everything' in writing, correct?

Airpizz6

Veteran Member
TDI
Now TDI-free, but there now is a 15 MB E250 BT in the driveway
Among the objections raised at the 18 Oct hearing was one relating to an individual not being notified by VW such as OP. VW's response was that over 800,000 packages were sent to last known addresses of owners along with a larger number emails, etc. The judge accepted the response and overruled the objection.
On a different note, I'd have to wonder how a member of a family which has owned many a Volkswagen does not know even how to spell the name.

Mark SF

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Passat TDi
This is an example of why you always want to keep your contact details current, with the manufacturer of your vehicle, so you can get recall notices, etc.

Now your best option is to join one of the other lawsuits, of which there are many.

Mark SF

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Passat TDi
So you're an Eligible Seller (owned an affected TDI before 9/18/15, and sold it after 9/18/15 but before 6/28/16) and didn't register with the claims portal until after 9/16/16? I think you're almost certainly SOL, and should have done your own due diligence in preserving your rights. However, you'd be much better off asking your lawyers (yes, you have lawyers) at info@vwclasscounsel.com. Maybe they can do something for you--but I'd doubt it.
Surely they are not his lawyers, since he didn't register, and is now excluded from the class.

DrgRnnr

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Jetta
Contact the person who sold you the car and see if they are willing to cut you in... doubtful, but it never hurts to ask.

BuyMeBackSoon

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 golf
Whoever told you that info at VW is 50% to blame and you get the other 50% on your own for trusting anything a car dealership tells you. Contact the person you spoke to and tell them you want $5000, good luck.

Snufalufagus

Veteran Member
TDI
11 Golf TDI, 13 CC R-Line (wifey's)
Sounds like the guy I bought my last one from. His wife still had a JSW so he knew what was going on and when I spoke to him the other day he said they are telling him he didn't register as a Qualified seller in time so he was SOL? ***. He just screwed himself out of $2800.

DanB36

Veteran Member
TDI
Surely they are not his lawyers, since he didn't register, and is now excluded from the class.
They are indeed his lawyers, and he remains a member of the class and bound by the settlement, since he did not timely opt out. The fact that he failed to file a timely claim does not exclude him from the class.

atomicfront

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 VW Jetta wagon tdi
I am sure your 2000 TDI with a tune and after market exhaust is polluting at an exponentially more amount than your 2012 car ever was. You don't have to convince us of your reason for selling your car. Call the attorneys for the settlement they are the only ones that can help you if anyone can.

Airpizz6

Veteran Member
TDI
Now TDI-free, but there now is a 15 MB E250 BT in the driveway

HBarlow

Veteran Member
TDI
2009 Jetta Sportwagen, 2016 Audi Q5 TDI
Help my friends .

I am a loyal Volkswagon fan, and so was my dad. Our family have bought so many Volkswagons.

So a few months ago, unsure of the Dieselgate scandal , I called VW , and they said and confirmed that our car was in the system, and they would take care of everything. No need to do anything.

Well, I called and posted a month ago, and everyone here tells me that I should have received mail from VW, I did not. They said it was too late to register, but how can I register, if I was not notified ??

I called shortly after posting here, and VW sent me a one page sheet to go to vwcourtsettlement.com, so that I can register . Now they tell me that I am out of luck.

I am upset.

Can someone tell me who I should contact , which division , which address, I should write to , in order to make my case, and ask for the compensation ?

I sold the car because we were upset the car was polluting more than its reputation was.

For the record, I also still own a VW Jetta TDI 2000.

I am upset, what are my options ?

Which address to write to VW of America, to state my case ?

I lost about $5000 in value of my car. Directly due to the dishonest , illegal activities of VW of America.
Mailing address for VW of America should be in your owners manual. Good luck.

The moral of this story is we have to accept responsibility for ourselves.

CT_Gman

Veteran Member
TDI
2016 Jetta Sport, 2011 Golf TDI 6MT 2 door - GONE, 2013 Passat DSG SE w/sunroof - GONE
Mailing address for VW of America should be in your owners manual. Good luck.

The moral of this story is we have to accept responsibility for ourselves.

Amen, brother!

VeeDubTDI

Wanderluster, Traveler, TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
‘18 Tesla Model 3D+, ‘14 Cadillac ELR, ‘13 Fiat 500e
Exposed!!! Great investigative effort. Might be a place for you in Trump's inner circle. For the OP ... not.
I'll pass if that offer ever comes up. ;)

But yeah - the onus is on TDI owners to make sure they're taking the right steps to protect ourselves in this situation. We can't rely on Volkswagen to do "the right thing." We're talking about 500,000 plaintiffs and one corporation... they aren't looking out for us, and we need to look out for ourselves.

highender

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Jetta TDI
thanks. I will contact the attorneys, and VW of America.

I thought when they said that they would take care of it, and gave a reference number, they meant they would cut the check out and send it.

This is a big mistake on the part of VW for not sending me the registration pack.

Will update.

I knew about it, and that it was in court, but not whether it settled or we would get a pack.

highender

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Jetta TDI
can someone point me to the proper VW address to write to them ?

I want to opt in or be iincluded, or opt out.

I never received a notice. I think these is more fraud out there. Why did they NOT send us a notice ? I am upset.

Are they intentionally trying to avoid compensation. ?

XtreemLee

TDI
2014 Jetta Sportwagon Wagon (bought back), 2006 Golf GLI

I never received a notice. I think these is more fraud out there. Why did they NOT send us a notice ? I am upset.

Are they intentionally trying to avoid compensation. ?
Yes, they are lairs and thieves, welcome...:confused:

DanB36

Veteran Member
TDI
Do you have an owner's manual? Or can you use Google?

As you were repeatedly told a month ago (edit: and were repeatedly told two months ago, when you started your other thread on this same subject), it's too late to do either. Why do you think the answer has changed now?

Edit: And what did your lawyers say?

Last edited:

highender

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Jetta TDI
My wife and I had not received a package or email or letter or whatever it was .

We found out here that it was closed ?!

But since we were not notified, I think it is not our fault !

Thanks, and NOt a trolling, but wanting to send letter and get included.