Help cooling system issue

Chasethebug

TDI
2005 vw beetle 1.9 tdi
All right i am new to the forum and i need some help. Recently purchased a 2005 beetle used. Shortly after we hit a racoon and damaged the radiator. That is not the issue. When i took the radiator out to replace it i found a discrepancy in the cooling hose. There is a hose coming over the front of the engine and going to what i assume would be the thermostat housing. But it is connected to a second hose that had been cut off and is just hanging there. I know something is missing but i can't find a diagram to figure it out. Does anyone have any insight

AnnaMia

TDI
two
All right i am new to the forum and i need some help. Recently purchased a 2005 beetle used. Shortly after we hit a racoon and damaged the radiator. That is not the issue. When i took the radiator out to replace it i found a discrepancy in the cooling hose. There is a hose coming over the front of the engine and going to what i assume would be the thermostat housing. But it is connected to a second hose that had been cut off and is just hanging there. I know something is missing but i can't find a diagram to figure it out. Does anyone have any insight
Sorry for that experience. Any pictures on the same?

TurboABA

Top Post Dawg
TDI
RIP-2010 Jetta 6spd 2014 Touareg Execline
Wait, what? You had a coolant hose just cut off and hanging, but it wasn't barfing coolant all over prior to you destroying a racoon?

oilhammer

Certified Volkswagen Nut & Vendor
TDI
There are just too many to list....
Someone may have butchered up the cooling hose vent assembly that also goes back to the EGR changeover flap housing, buried by the firewall. That hose goes down under the tandem pump, and is failure prone when the tandem pump starts to leak (be it oil OR fuel).