Help and ALH newbie w/ question on the BHW

cuban11182

Veteran Member
TDI
1984 CJ w/ ALH GTD1756, 260 injectors, and Tekmektronics tune
So I'm reading that the best route for my MK4 is to go BHW/ALH hybrid. I'm down in Miami, and have a ton of pick-n-pull yards, plus the weather is nice. Can you please confirm some things for me?

From what I've found it appears to come in the 2003-2005 Passat. Is this correct?

How big of a pain is it to pull the crank and pistons? Is it worth it just to pick it up used instead of spending a day in the yard?

Anything else I'll need from the Passat?

Thanks in advance.

drucifer

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 jetta sw tdi pd
First question is do you know there to be any bhw passats in the yards near you? If there aren't your looking in forum classifieds, craigslist, eBay or possibly overseas like Dutch auto parts.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

cuban11182

Veteran Member
TDI
1984 CJ w/ ALH GTD1756, 260 injectors, and Tekmektronics tune
First question is do you know there to be any bhw passats in the yards near you? If there aren't your looking in forum classifieds, craigslist, eBay or possibly overseas like Dutch auto parts.

I saw one just posted up, so yes. Are they rare?

I've also posted in the WTB forum as well.

drucifer

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 jetta sw tdi pd
The passat that could have a bhw were produced in 2004 and 2005. There was 120000 built. I'm guessing 10% were diesel. 10 to 15k is a ballpark. I see plenty passats in my area. They are never tdi. Lots of jetta, golf beetles in the yards. I've seen one alh and one bew.

Try messaging coolairvw on this site. If he doesn't have what you need he probably knows who does.

Car-part.com is a possibility too.