HELP!!!11 Jetta windshield sprayer doesn't work blowing the 7.5A fuse?

GarrettTDI

TDI
2011 Jetta TDI 6 speed
I found the fuse blown so I grabbed another fuse and replaced it. Pulled the lever back nothing, checked the fuse, blown again!!! Anyone have any idea what the fix is for this? It did get really cold in Mass the last few days and I was still on summer wash so I filled it with winter wash but that didn't do anything LOL. Any help would greatly be appreciated!! I need my sprayers back!!!:)

LarBear

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Jetta TDI DSG
And after you've thawed out the pump get some low freezing point washer fluid. I screwed up and have the washer reservoirs on both our vehicles full of some really great bug removing stuff which freezes up at 31° F. There's no easy way to drain or pump out the stuff in the reservoir that I want to deal with so I'm running that sucker down and refilling the tank with some -40° F fluid.

GarrettTDI

TDI
2011 Jetta TDI 6 speed
Ok where the heck is the washer pump? Is it accessible to get a hair dryer in there? You can see the filler neck and then the rest is buried in VW engine Hell ha ha...This is my first new VW so everything seems like a challenge, I had to use the manual to find where the fuses were located ha ha...Thanks for all the help so far guys..:D

pdt165

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Jetta 6 speed (Bought Back)
Instead of getting a hairdrier out and making life miserable. Dirve it to the local big box store, and buy something like this http://prestone.com/enca/node/435, by the time you drive there and back home see if the pump has thawed and then add the antifreeze and cycle it through for a while to make sure some gets into the pump.

993er

Veteran Member
TDI
None
Ice probably jamming pump. Get a hair dryer on the pump and thaw it out.
If it is frozen...

An easier way is to insert a garden hose hooked up to hot water into the washer tank and turn it on. Let it overflow and as it does that, the hot water will thaw out the washer tank and pump motor area.

Try the windshield washer pump. If it sprays, siphon out the tank and fill with the correct fluid. Cycle some through the system and nozzles and you are good to go.

Doug3

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 GTI Autobahn
You can always add a bottle of rubbing alcohol to the tank to thaw it out.

GarrettTDI

TDI
2011 Jetta TDI 6 speed
FIXED!!!! I took a hairdryer and shop vac hose and sent hot air down towards the bottom of the reservoir for about 10 minutes. Then I popped the sprayers out from the hood and pulled em out a bit and gave them a quick hit with the hair dryer as well, replaced the fuse, crossed my fingers and pulled back that lever...Boom spraying like a champ!! Thanks again for all the help and great ideas....