Hella headlight washers?

vwtdiwagon

Veteran Member
TDI
02.5 Jetta Wagon GLS TDI
I have a Hella headlight washer kit on its way and would like to know if I have to change the rebar. I have a '02 wagon. I preordered the kit and I got it for $200(plus shipping once its in the country). Is that a good deal or about par for the kit.The kit is brand new and I'm getting it from a established company.Thanks.

KOMET155

Veteran Member
TDI
VW komet
...that's about the right price from Germany (before shipping).

There's a co. in the US (puma distributing i think) which sells them for approx $295, so you're making out ok.

vwtdiwagon

Veteran Member
TDI
02.5 Jetta Wagon GLS TDI
Thanks for the pricing info KOMET.I am getting a little bit of a deal just because I'm preordering.
Does anyone know if I have to change my rebar? I have a '02 wagon.Thanks

Michael Moore

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Phaeton W12, 2015 Golf Highline (gas)
Joe:

What would I have to change if I wanted to install the headlight washer system into my 2002 Golf (Canadian spec)? Kennedy told me that there is a way (with craftsmanship) to re-use the original North American bumper cover (the painted part that everyone sees). Would I have to install a new rebar? If so, do you know if a rebar from a Jetta wagon would fit OK onto my Golf?

Thanks and regards,

Michael

vwtdiwagon

Veteran Member
TDI
02.5 Jetta Wagon GLS TDI
I think the'01 wagon rebar has provisions for the headlight washer system but I dont know about the '02.

KOMET155

Veteran Member
TDI
VW komet
Michael....

With regards to golf euro bumpers and euro rebars, my experience has shown:
You can put a euro bumper cover on a US rebar (after you remove the foam padding)
You cannot properly fit a NA bumper onto a euro rebar.

The differences in rebar designs is most obvious when viewed from profile...the euro one has a half moon shape body, while the NA spec one is a heavier gauge squarish steel beam.
due to these differences, If you really wanted to fit the headlamp washer system to your car with the NA spec bar, it would need serious reworking along the upper edge to mount the washer jets.

It's not worth the effort.

I dont know if the jetta wagon (actually the bora euro) rebar will fit on your car. It may, but not perfectly.
Again, the possibility of an imperfect fit doesnt make it worth it to go this route...
So, I would suggest that if you're going to do this mod, the right way is the easiest way.... get a euro bumper cover and rebar (you'll also need a euro bumper strip and lower valance) and be done with it.

FYI- I know someone who can get the hella washer kit from Germany for $225